Kiewit’s Ottawa is seeking an experienced Communications & Graphic Design Coordinator support its urban transit project group for the Stage 2 LRT/ Confederation Line Extension. The successful candidate will Coordinate the implementation of high-caliber, strategic communication and engagement for our design and construction projects. The candidate will be proficient in graphic design, and ensure that stakeholders and the public are well informed and engaged of our activities by issuing timely, accurate and transparent print and electronic information and supporting community relations. This work will also support our public inquiry system, announcement and event co-ordination, issuing materials including creating construction-related graphics, notices, video clips, fact sheets, display boards, website content and other material to assist stakeholders and the public to understand our projects. The candidate will play an essential role in co-ordinating our activities in collaboration with our project partners. The candidate will also be a high-performing communicator who is fully bilingual in English and French.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate our communication and engagement tactics that support our goals of community awareness and input, including announcements and events, stakeholder meetings, public forums, issuing print, website and social media updates.
- Create graphic images and illustrations for construction and traffic-related detours and site areas to help the public understand our activity and the expected impacts.
- Coordinate digital content with technical and other communication leads that will be used on electronic platforms in collaboration with our project partners.
- Coordinate the distribution of information materials through mail drops, hand-delivery, e-blast delivery and other methods.
- Support announcement and event planning and implementation, including venue booking, material and presentations, spokespersons, feedback mechanisms and consultation summary reports.
- Coordinate the design and placement strategy for construction-related signage and hoarding.
- Coordinate and attend community relations meetings with stakeholders and the public to provide design and construction information with accountability and diplomacy.
- Support the public inquiry and complaint management tactics to ensure our response times are highly accountable and accurate information is exchanged.
- Monitor and analyze media reports and ensure inaccuracies are reported and corrected.
- Supports crisis communications in collaboration with our project partners.
- Coordinate and participate in technical co-ordination and communications committee meetings acting as a conduit between our on-the-ground activities, our management team and the public.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.