Requisition ID: 83596
Kiewit Business Services (KBS) is a cross-functional shared service organization that provides the business units with customer-specific services focused on cost and business value. Our services include non-core, yet essential, functions of our businesses including accounts payable, accounts receivable, change control, human capital management, payroll, project initiation, compliance and continuous improvement.
The AP Invoice Processing Specialist position is part of the Kiewit Business Services Accounts Payable department within the Financial Services group.
The AP Processing Specialist provides high quality support and outstanding customer service to all areas of the Kiewit organization and processes a high volume of AP invoices with accuracy.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage assigned workflows to ensure timely processing of vendor invoices
- Process a high volume of invoices with accuracy
- Perform three-way-match reconciliation of purchase order to goods receipt to invoice
- Understand and apply tax plans appropriately to the processing of vendor invoices for multiple project locations
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers; understand Kiewit’s core business and promote a sense of urgency toward business critical issues
- Follow processes, procedures and internal controls
- Identify and communicate opportunities for process improvement; collaborate with internal and external partners to increase efficiencies in the department
- Reliable and consistent attendance
Secondary Roles and Responsibilities
- Support and participate in collaboration activities to promote and implement continuous process improvement
- Perform other job related tasks as needed or assigned
- Working knowledge of computers and experience in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Experience in a professional work environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; clearly conveys messages and ideas, gains understanding; generates interest and holds attention, listens and is open to the ideas of others
- Highly motivated and self-directed; initiative and a sense of urgency to get things done
- Attention to detail with ability to recognize discrepancies; ability to spot and anticipate problems and seek solutions
- Excellent analytical, math and organization skills
- Ability to understand both functional and end-to-end processes and controls
- Excellent organization and time management skills; ability to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish assigned work
- Excellent customer service and collaboration skills; ability to connect and build relationships with others inside and outside the organization
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy with minimal supervision in a high volume environment
- Ability to understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills; ability to use logic and reasoning to analyze and identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to new processes and procedures in order to ensure efficiency and excellence in A/P Processing
- Some accounting knowledge
- SAP background
- Accounts Payable experience
Shared Service Center – Professional office setting
- Travel as needed
- Lifting, sitting, stooping, bending, reaching, climbing stairs, etc.
- Reading from a computer or laptop monitor for several hours including fonts of various sizes from a variety of sources
- Travel < 5%
- Must hold valid US Passport (if traveling to Canada, Australia, etc.)
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
- Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
- Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
- 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
- Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
- We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.