Seeking a Summer Student for a position for a children's musical theatre program with a focus on creativity, confidence and compassion.
Part-time Feb-June including march break camp
Candidate must be able to train and assist in KidSing classes during Jan-June. March break availability is a bonus
Fredericton Program Coordinator
KidSing is a musical theatre school for students ages 3-18. We provide a variety of programs including dance, vocals, musical theatre, acrobatics and acting that actively encourages the growth of creativity and confidence. Reporting to the Fredericton Program Coordinator, Position will be primarily responsible for the coordination and execution of KidSing Frederiction summer day camps as well as participating in training during year long KidSing classes. To ensure program success, Staff works together to coordinate weekly fun filled camps for students aged 5-12.
- Instruct and supervise students who attend KidSing Summer Day Camp
- Work within a group of teachers to ensure campers are enjoying their experience
- Ensure that programming outcomes are being met
- Respond to the individual needs of children and establish relationships with the children and their families/caregivers
- Ensure that the program operates in line with KidSings' mission, vision and values and activities comply with applicable standards
- Responsible for the set up and take down of the program materials and equipment including the storage of equipment, ensuring the facility is left in clean and tidy manner.
- Participate in staff meetings and performance appraisal meetings
- QUALIFICATIONS OR SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Post Secondary preferably in education, community development or theatre.
- Must have attended school this past year and plan to attend in 2018/2019
- Ability to work well with children and experience with leading children/youth in singing, acting and dancing programming
- Knowledge of youth/children programs and experience working in camp and school settings is an asset
- Ability to work as a team member in a dynamic, complex environment and organize time and workload effectively
- Experience in working in a group of staff members
- Capability of establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff, participants and parents
- Current First Aid/CPR certification, current vulnerable sector screening (criminal background check) are mandatory
- Flexible and adaptable
- Enjoy spending days inspiring and teaching student teaching students
Please email your resume, three references and cover letter- please include your June-January and march break availability.
Job Type: Full-time