As a global voice for change, Kidsave advocates for older orphans and foster youth (ages 9-17) living in government care who are often forgotten. Kidsave provides services and programs to communities both in the US and abroad to help find loving, permanent connections and families for every foster child and orphan.
Kidsave is seeking highly motivated, dependable, and conscientious self-starters who are interested in pursuing a career in communications and marketing, particularly in the non-profit world. This intern will work directly with the Communications and Development team on advocacy and media projects.
- Collaborate with Program Managers to prepare written program updates and write blogposts for Weekend Miracles, Summer Miracles, Kidsave Russia and Kidsave Colombia, per Kidsave CEO and VP of Program
- Conduct interviews of Kidsave kids & families to produce success stories, using photos and/or short videos
- Arrange for and prepare Kidsave kids from Kidsave Programs to speak at advocacy and fundraising events
- Maintain social media pages and corresponding blogposts for Kidsave official pages and website
- Assist Weekend Miracles and Summer Miracles Program Managers in planning, writing, and submitting content for e-blasts and e-newsletters.
- Collect copy, images and other properties to submit to the Project Coordinator for kids' advocacy flyers and other program event flyers
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the basic principles of public relations and/or marketing
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
- Ability to work well independently, and within a team
- Must have some writing experience outside of the classroom (creative blogging, school newspaper, etc)
- Must have advance knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop, and video editing software
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- Part-Time (20 hrs/wk) or Full-Time (40 hrs/wk)
- Internship Duration: Summer 2019 (May-August 2019)
- Monthly Stipend: $300 (part-time) or $600 (full-time), academic credit available
- Transportation is needed
Please in include cover letter, resume and two writing samples (blog posts, creative writing).
To learn more about Kidsave, visit our website at www.kidsave.org.
Job Type: Internship
- Microsoft Office: 2 years (Preferred)
- Adobe Photoshop: 1 year (Preferred)
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Video Editing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Editing: 1 year (Preferred)