We are looking for leaders!! Are you an early childhood educator looking for that next step in your career? Kids U is a growing Accredited Early Childhood Learning Institute in Calgary and Area that continues to set the standard for excellence. Our quality child care, preschool and kindergarten programs build strong brains for life. We are looking for strong leaders with management experience to join our teams!
To be successful you will have strong interpersonal skills and find joy in working with children and adults. You will be committed to learning and teaching in emergent, project-based ways while open collaboration fosters a student-centered, inquiry based learning environment that cultivates enthusiastic and globally-minded individuals. You will be able to work independently creating a welcoming, supportive environment for families, children and team members.
Kids U is passionate about moving practice forward through strong professional development, and as such, provides regular, in-house professional development courses in Education programs and practices.
We are currently looking for an experienced Program Supervisor to join our team.
Coordinate the provision of program operations and administrative functions through efficient communication with families and program staff. It is the responsibility of the Program Supervisor to work effectively within the Management Team to efficiently communicate and implement the Kids U philosophy, policies and procedures by encouraging open communication between all stakeholders.
To fully understand Kids U philosophy, objectives and operations you may be asked to work as an in ratio teacher for a period of time before becoming a Program Supervisor
- To perform duties in accordance with the philosophy, mission statement and core values of Kids U
- Provide high quality child care in a group setting that meets the diverse needs and promotes optimum physical, social, emotional, cognitive and intellectual development of the children in care.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING :
- Coordinates administrative functions of the program; facilitates communication; messaging to families and staff; social media; newsletters; website; manages communication and assessment software.
- Ensures positive communication with families through regular verbal and written contact regarding program, children's progress, opportunities for involvement, special concerns and family needs.
- Coordinates communication with prospective clients; interviews prospective clients and completes intake and orientation procedures; monitors wait list.
- Manage program collection of child care fees.
- Communicates with staff team to coordinate orientation and transition of new children and families to program.
- Effectively communicates and implements the Kids U philosophy, policies and procedures to all key stakeholders; parents, staff, and community.
- Prepares and produces written documents to meet program information and communication needs; administers group documentation; keeps Program Management Team and Executive Director informed of pertinent information; answers and returns phone calls; provides mail and fax services.
- Ensures staff remain current and knowledgeable; makes recommendations for in-service training; advises manager of professional development needs of staff; maintains own knowledge through professional development.
- Respects confidentiality and relates to parents, children and other staff members in a professional and ethical manner.
- Other related duties as may be assigned by the Director of Operations / Curriculum / Executive Director/ Management.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Early Childhood Education diploma or degree from a recognized college or University
- Child Development Supervisor (level 3) (required)
- Valid first aid certificate.(required)
- Current criminal record check including a vulnerable sector check.(required)
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work closely with other team members.
- Sensitivity and respect for individual and cultural differences.
- Adequate energy level and ability to meet the physical demands of the job.
- An additional language would be an asset.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in an Early Learning and Care Program.
- Experience managing a team of people (Either within childcare or another field)
Our facilities offer spacious classrooms lit with natural light, a beautiful on site playground and are located near various parks and amenities. We offer a competitive salary and there are many opportunities for addition grants and subsidies.
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS :
Province of Alberta Child Care Licensing Act; Child Care Licensing Regulation; Calgary Health Region Healthy Communities; Environmental Health Social Care Facilities Policy; Alberta Fire Code; Kids U Parent Handbook; Kids U Employee Handbook; Kids U Program Plan as approved by Child Care Licensing.
If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of young children and their families apply now!