Our growing company has a unique full-time opportunity for a professional interested in events and marketing activities!
Kids & Company is a thriving Canadian-based company that offers high-quality childcare and early learning for infants, toddlers, preschoolers and school-age children. In Alberta, several of our centres are partnered with hundreds of companies that provide priority access and benefits to their parent employees and are on the leading edge of supporting today’s families. We also have a network of Kidco Community Centres which serve specific communities in Edmonton with consistent, affordable care.
Our marketing focus is on events, community happenings, partnerships, social media interaction and more. We need to add an organized and self-driven team member who can be the face of Kids & Company and help us make our community presence stronger than ever.
We are looking for a Calgary-based professional ready to coordinate events and be the face of them, engage on our behalf on social media in parent groups and more, work with local partners, and speak on our behalf to schools that we service. Events we do include family events we plan ourselves and run in the centres, community events (such as Stampede breakfasts or family days), parent workshops and tradeshows.
This is considered a remote position as the bulk of the work is done out of home, although there is a need to be in-centre and around the city for events and partner meetings. This role is suited to someone with a high degree of self-initiative, organization and the ability to build relationships in-person and long-distance.
The Marketing & Events Coordinator will report to the Director of Brand Strategy (based in Calgary) and will work with the team in Toronto (requires regular conference calls and the opportunity to travel each year for the annual conference). Note that some weekend and evening work is required for events.
The position is full-time with a preferred start date of January 7, 2019.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Work with marketing team, local Area Directors and Centre Directors to identify opportunities for raising awareness, connecting with families and building our brand with focus on new centres and high-priority centres.
- Attend events on behalf of Kids & Company – can include local community events, business partner events, tradeshows, corporate events, conferences. Also keep on the pulse of new event opportunities that are well-aligned for us to participate in.
- Coordinate and attend our own events – can include family fun days in-centre, Grand Openings, mini-tradeshows, workshops, in-centre parent playgroups and more.
- Coordinate local advertising, targeted social media posts, community partnerships and more for high-priority centres.
- Act as key contact person for inquiries on new centres and programs in Alberta prior to launch.
- Support social media efforts with providing content, blog writing and more.
- Organize tour packages for Calgary centres and help ensure tours are done properly.
- Update website location listings and online pages for Alberta Kids & Company centres.
- Coordinate contests run by Kids & Company or in partnership with other groups.
- Build partnerships with related groups such as parent playgroups, parent resource groups, providers of products and services for parents.
Candidate qualifications and skills:
- High school diploma required and potentially a degree, diploma or certificate in: communications, PR, marketing, events, journalism, English or related education.
- Experience in or good understanding of communications, brand, marketing and/or events.
- Self-discipline and confidence to build relationships and explore ideas independently.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and adept at time-management.
- Personable and good at building and maintaining relationships.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Ability to travel to centres/events around Calgary regularly and occasional travel to Red Deer. Ability to travel to Toronto each fall for national conference.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends as required for events.
- Interests and abilities in blog writing, graphic design, public relations, photography and/or video production an asset but not required.