District Manager - Fun, upbeat environment with great opportunities
Get in on the ground level with a rapidly growing startup that's on the cutting edge of the ride sharing industry. Tired of sitting in an office while the sun is shining outside? Come work at a place where getting outside and spending time on the water is what we do.
JetRide is the first company of its kind. We offer affordable, monthly membership packages that provide our customers unlimited access to top-of-the-line watercraft and boats without the everyday hassles associated with ownership. No waiting, no maintenance, no storage, and no stress.
A strong commitment to customer service, good communication skills, computer literate, and attention to detail are a must.
Candidate will be responsible for managing all staff and equipment for our Chicago locations.
The ideal candidate will enjoy a personal interaction with our members. Through our custom online platform the logistics team interacts with customers to assist with reservations, handle day to day operational reviews of billing information, and assisting the logistics director with any other tasks that may arise. This position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays in a fast-paced environment. Successful performance will lead to excellent career opportunities with JetRide as we are growing quickly. Compensation dependent upon skills and availability.
- Spend your days in and around the water
- Great advancement opportunities
JetRide is based in South Florida and handles the majority of sales, booking, and customer service from there. The district Manager for the Chicago area will handle all dock operations for the downtown Chicago area. Willingness to travel to south Florida for training is a plus.
- Oversees maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Ensures that all equipment is clean and operational for member use.
- Reviews employee training to ensure a skilled mechanic workforce.
- Establishes and monitors preventative maintenance schedule on equipment.
- Establishes productivity expectations and tracks the production and activity of the dock workforce.
- Ensures the ready status of idle equipment.
- Participates in the equipment evaluation process to determine replacement needs.
- Maintains files on all equipment for historical data.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with other vendors
- Responsible for the overall safety and enforcement of safety rules within the department including conducting daily tailgate meetings.
- Assist supervised crew with repairs as needed.
- Able to review/direct outsourced repairs on site as well as negotiate warranty claims with OEM when necessary.
- Participate in the evaluation and hiring of potential new employees for the department.
- Effectively trains, coaches, disciplines and develops employees to achieve and maintain positive working relationships within the maintenance shop.
- Achieves desired results through effective leadership and appropriate influence while adhering to established policies and procedures.
- Maintains current contact information for persons under his direction.
- Determines methods and course of action to achieve departmental and organizational goals through effective planning and efficient performance of the department.
- Strives for innovation within the department.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Models and reinforces safety as a top priority of the organization.
- Meets schedules and deadlines, adheres to policies and procedures.
- Exercises good interpersonal skills by gladly assisting others to accomplish work of the organization, even if it is outside the scope of regular duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of high school diploma with college degree or technical school preferred
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office, Microsoft 365, SAP, Lotus Notes and Outlook
- Why Should You Apply?
- Get in on the ground floor of an exciting, growing company
- Great opportunities for growth and advancement
- Fun and exciting work environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Management: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)