Manager Brand Design
The Manager Brand Design partners with the Director Brand and Advertising on the ongoing development and evolution of the JetBlue brand design.
The Manager is responsible for overseeing the design of all JetBlue brand projects, including print collateral, copy, signage, liveries, web/digital communications, logo illustration, and original design in addition to ensuring that all produced materials reflect JetBlue’s brand values and guidelines.
The Manager must lead the creative team, from ideation to execution, ensuring excellent communication with all stakeholders and the upholding of the JetBlue brand voice and design. The Manager oversees the conceptual and stylistic direction for the creative team, supervising their work as well as the work of agencies, freelancers, printers, and anyone involved in the development of creative projects for the brand.
The Manager Brand Design is a key member of the Commercial team that is dedicated to developing strategic communications that increase awareness and improve the customer experience. The Manager is passionate about designing experiences that enhance a Customer’s JetBlue experience and enjoys working on a variety of high profile, innovative assignments. The Manager is a skilled influencer, is detail oriented and enjoys interacting with people at different levels within and outside of the organization. Lastly, the Manager is an effective leader whose personal values match JetBlue’s values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion, and Fun.
- Partner with Manager Brand, Manager Sponsorships, Manager Advertising and Promotions and Product team to develop creative strategic solutions and brand design strategy
- Present brand design strategy/concepts to leadership as appropriate or necessary
- Provide strategic oversight and design input as appropriate and sign off on all executions / implementations
- Oversee and manage all brand design projects, across all mediums, ensuring that all projects reflect JetBlue’s brand values and guidelines
- Work with cross-functional teams/departments to ensure JetBlue brand is presented consistently and appropriately on brand design projects, such as aircraft livery, aircraft interiors, airport signage and consumer collateral
- Coordinate with copywriters to ensure consistent design and messaging and that all deadlines are met
- Manage and communicate brand design guidelines internally and with outside agencies/business partners to maintain JetBlue brand integrity across all platforms
- Develop creative platforms for new products, brand refreshes and external/internal marketing communications programs
- Review creative briefs for outside agencies/business partners and oversee the design elements of all brand projects
- Lead the creative team of designers and copywriters to create strategically appropriate creative ideas that can build the JetBlue brand.
- Take a significant role in the development of crewmembers to support the engagement, growth, goal achievement
- Enhance internal workflow and development of efficiencies for scaled growth and cross-functional optimization
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in fine arts, graphic/communication design or related field
- Five (5) years’ experience in graphic/communication design, environmental design, creative direction or related field
- One (1) year of leadership experience in design-related environment
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Available for moderate overnight travel (up to 30%)
- Able to work flexible hours and be available for an emergency response on short notice
- Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Seven (7) years’ experience in graphic/communication design, environmental design, creative direction or related field
- Web design experience
- Experience designing for all mediums, including print and digital
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of all press publishing processes, concepts, and techniques
- Experience presenting design concepts and solutions to senior leadership and to internal and external stakeholders
- Experience influencing; selling ideas to others and using solid negotiation skills
- Understands components of a budget
- Experience interacting with Executive Leadership
- Demonstrates ability to work well with other Crewmembers and represent the department favorably to internal and external stakeholders
- Understands JetBlue’s brand guidelines and culture
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
- Well-groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
- When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
- Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
- Must fulfill safety accountabilities as prescribed by JetBlue’s Safety Management System
- Promote JetBlue’s #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue’s Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards
- Identify safety concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue’s confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report(SAR))
- Responsible for adhering to all applicable laws, regulations (FAA, OSHA, DOT, etc.) and Company policies, procedures and risk controls
- Uphold JetBlue’s safety performance metric goals and understand how they relate to their duties and responsibilities
- Computer and other office equipment
- Normal Office Environment
- Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law GINA Supplement