LEAD TEXTILE & MATERIAL DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
Jess Black Inc.
Salary: $35,000.00 - $45,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree
Preferred- Advanced Degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) with 1-2 years' industry experience
Positions Available: 1
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Jess Black Inc. is a Canadian company that provides innovative & quality work-wear to various industries, such as the trades.
Currently we are seeking a LEAD TEXTILE RESEARCHER & DEVELOPER.
This position will implement product design & process development activities while being in compliant to all industry & regulated standards.
This is a full-time, on site position.
Daily Tasks Include:
- Provide technical expertise to improve process efficiency & product quality
- Ensure accuracy & integrity are optimized while providing support in our product development phases
- Provide cost saving initiatives by evaluating manufacturing processes while executing & maintaining quality/industry standards.
- Create & analyze prototype products.
- Design experiments to provide data-based conclusion about product performance
- Recommend & rationalize specifications for development products
- Develop test methods for evaluation of new products.
- Assist with implementing corrective actions with QA
- Operate processing equipment in a specific process area.
- Conduct analytical techniques with the ability to interpret results for project recommendations.
- Lead and provide input to risk assessment activities
- Assist in creation of publishable research findings in the form of abstracts, papers and grants
- Support patent filing and claims.
- Write technical reports detailing procedures, outcomes, and observations.
- Be excited & energized about learning & seeking knowledge while contributing towards the growth of our research & development team
- A degree or certification in textiles sciences or design
- Previous experience in the textile industry
- Knowledge of industry testing standards/test reports
- Exceptional communication skills
- The ability to prioritize & track multiple projects at one time
- Experience in manufacturing environment considered an asset
- Advanced Microsoft & Google Suite Skills
- Team Player
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year