Jenny Bird is looking for a dynamic and experienced social media professional to join our Brand Marketing team.We are seeking someone who is genuinely passionate aboutbuilding community and creating meaningful conversations in social media, as well as creating beautiful, engaging, and fit for platform content through video and photography. This role requires a self-starter who will proactively contribute to the social media strategy as we aim to grow our community and strengthen our engagement.
The Social Media Manager will support the objectives of the Director Brand Marketing to drive growth and engagement for the Jenny Bird brand and community. Primarily responsible for developing and executing high quality brand content across all social channels, this role will work collaboratively with all staff to execute the brand aesthetic and develop visual assets needed to achieve business goals. The Social Media Manager must regularly evaluate the effectiveness and quality of our brand content, visual assets, and aesthetic, with the aim to continually improve through informed learning.
Plan. Execute. Evaluate. Continuously Improve.
Social Media Responsibilities
- Plan social media content calendar based on product launches, events, marketing & PR initiatives.
- Create highly engaging and fit-for-platform social media content (captions, ideas, images, etc.) to grow audience and engagement.
- Develop an optimal posting schedule, considering traffic and customer engagement metrics
- Regularly evaluate and report on content performance and identify areas of opportunity.
- Proactively monitor and engage in discussions surrounding our products, brand, content, competitors, and industry
- Ensure customer support inquiries and questions from prospects are responded to in a timely manner (will require co-ordination with Customer Service and Sales)
- Identify industry influencers, and stay up-to-date on latest trends.
- Stay abreast of the latest trends in social media and share industry news and benchmarks with the team.
- Update 460 app to ensure latest images are in all feeds (product, birdgirl, JB insta)
- Report weekly on recent blogger/celeb spottings to be shared with team for reposting etc.
- Working with the Director Brand Marketing, develop a comprehensive social media plan and drive strategies that are proven by testing and metrics.
- Identify potential brand-aligned partners to grow our social community, acquire new customers and keep JB top of mind with fashion and design-conscious shoppers.
Visual Asset Production
- Product Photography - Responsible for booking and overseeing all product photography shoots.
- Campaign Shoots - Assist the Creative Director and Senior Graphic Designer in the pre-production work for campaign photo shoots and be on set when needed.
- Other non-campaign, on-figure and off-figure - Responsible for the creation, whether in-house or with an agency, of on-figure and off-figure visual assets (photography and video) to support brand marketing efforts across social media, ecommerce and wholesale channels.
- Collaborate with the Communications Manager on internal photography and video creation.
- Participate in the development and continual elevation of the brand's visual identity.
Product Design Involvement:
- Ongoing - Share ideas seen from the market, trends, inspirational thoughts with the product design team at any time. This is a valuable habit for all visually driven team members that we encourage and celebrate.
General Brand Support
- Support the overall marketing strategy by proactively bringing ideas to the group, participating in team brainstorms, and ensuring consistency with brand voice
- Track all social media and visual asset production expenses.
Requirements & Skills
- Degree level education or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a social media role.
- Client side corporate experience preferred
- Photography skills required; must provide examples of your work.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and able to self-prioritize and stay in control.
- Independent worker capable of effective time management.
- Enjoys variety in daily and weekly work; no two days will be the same
- Entrepreneurial spirit is a must
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Please send cover letter, resume and sample social media content with application.
Job Type: Full-time
- Social Media Marketing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)