Jemm Truck and Trailer Inc, owned by the Hansen Group of Companies, is looking for Service Writers to join their team. We are the service center for L. Hansen Forwarding, which is the largest car hauler in Canada. We keep them in shape and out on the roads.
What we're looking for are Permanent Full-time Service Writers for shift work — talented people who want more than just a job. If you are interested in a life long career in a company that recognizes talent and promotes from within, you need to work for us. We provide an excellent compensation package with benefits, RRSP matching, Tuition Grants, and so much more!
What you will do:
As a Service Writer, you have to deliver the desired customer service experience. Your goal is to drive service success that improves customer satisfaction for our intercompany operators and our outside customers.
Other job duties will include but not limited to:
- Maintain client database and proactively drive client and company-wide repair schedules.
- Ensuring all paper flow and record-keeping for the service department is completed and administered correctly and efficiently.
- Work with Service Writer Supervisor and Parts Manager on the day-to-day operations of the service department.
- Develop inspection sheets and service programs, along with the Service Writer Supervisor.
- Assist customers/technicians by adequately identifying the needed parts.
- Perform additional technical and administrative duties deemed necessary by the Service Writer Supervisor and General Manager.
- Be vigilant to maintain Occupational Health and Safety Standards to ensure a safe working environment.
What you need:
- A great attitude. Team player with a go-getter attitude.
- A calm demeanour. An ability to prioritize tasks for yourself and others.
- Competent computer skills. Experience with outlook Office 365, Excel an asset. The ability to perform an internet search or youtube search for service instructions/diagnostics and diagrams.
- Previous experience with shop maintenance software, TMT or Mitchell1 is a definite asset, but we'll train the right candidates.
- Technical knowledge of heavy trucks, automobiles or construction equipment is an asset but not necessary.
- G Class Driver's license and a clean driving record
What we offer:
- Paid vacation
- Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Paramedical and Travel Insurance. Life and AD & D.
- RRSP matching.
- A culture that values learning opportunities and has Tuition reimbursements & scholarships.
- Family-Friendly environment.
- We promote from within and recognize talent.
- Tool allowances
- Boot allowances
- Training to keep up with all the latest technology and parts for modern trucks and trailers.
- Intercompany incentives (leaf ticket lottos, 50/50 bonus raffles)
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- Dental care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Employee assistance programs
- Company events & social hours
- On-site parking
- Education reimbursement
Reference ID: Service Writer 2019
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)