Jellyvision is hiring a Senior Product Manager - Director of New Concepts
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX(r) ( http://www.meetalex.com/ ), an interactive employee communications platform that makes tricky decisions--like choosing and using employee benefits--easier and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need a talented Senior Product Manager - Director of New Concepts to help us.
Our Product leaders identify the problems to solve and opportunities to grow while being responsible for making sure our products solve that pain and meet Jellyvision's P&L objectives in the process.
This leader would organize, structure and help lead new product concepts, ideas, help with co-development partnership opportunities and R&D projects to identify new value propositions, defining go or no-go decisions while developing go-to-market needs.
High level Responsibilities- Our Senior Product leader would:
- Identify, define & prioritize customer & user overlapping pain points using internal customer facing teams, our business analysts, and your own research to seek out new customer and user problems (aka, prove willingness to pay).
- Develop a mindset and team to be a market listener, a strategist who can connect dots between market trends, customer feedback, and business analysis.
- Develop business canvas ( https://www.cleverism.com/business-model-canvas-complete-guide/ )overviews and positioning for new concepts as well as help other product leaders.
- Must have experience in leading customer discovery and validation.
- Develop clear ROI and P&L models for new product concepts.
- Develop and drive the go-to-market strategy for their product to gain traction, learn and pivot if needed to get a customer to pay for a solution. In addition, inform and recommended when to kill an idea.
- Manage the product's lifecycle and how any new concept fits into the overall Jellyvision product suite & platform approach.
Core Responsibilities & Skills - A successful Senior Product Leader would:
- Understand if the customer is willing to buy or pay for a solution
- Ability to drive the customer discovery process and capable of leveraging prototype, test-able concepts and pilots to learn fast
- Clearly outline the customer side solution objectives and goals for the product, including the competitive set and differentiation possibilities
- Clearly size market opportunities (with the help of our business analysts)
- Develop the business plan for the product, including market penetration expectations, pricing, channel distribution plans, payback period, etc.
- Develop messaging and value definition for go to market materials (with the help of marketing and sales leaders) and timelines, including marketing/PR plans, sales enablement, channel support needs, contracts, and additional customer success product riders
- Define and track what performance your new product should expect and create reporting capabilities for key KPIs to stakeholders
- Based on performance and market analysis, propose and drive key iterations, pivot or decision to kill the product
Experience & Skills
We're looking for someone who lives and breathes customers, and someone who has experience with new product development. You might have had titles like product manager, product strategist, entrepreneur or maybe even product development. But who knows, maybe it was something else. You probably have experience strategy, product management, start-up experience, sales, or business analysis , and even an MBA.
Ideal candidates for this role will be able to:
- Balance Stakeholders
- Cultivate Innovation
- Have a strategic Mindset
- Be action Oriented
- Drive Vision & Purpose
- Manage Ambiguity
Our credo is a simple one:
be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!