Jefferies, the global investment banking firm focused on serving clients for over 50 years, is a leader in providing insight, expertise and execution to investors, companies and governments. The firm provides a full range of investment banking, sales, trading, research and strategy across the spectrum of equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, futures and commodities, and also select asset and wealth management strategies, in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Jefferies Group LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Jefferies Financial Group, a diversified financial services company.
The Front Office Senior Software Developer will work on the in-house Derivatives Trading System and will possess technical expertise to build, enhance and support existing and new front office trading applications. He/She must be a self-starter who is willing to work independently in a demanding trading environment. This person should be rigorous, and should be able to work with minimal supervision with exemplary follow through. Previous experience with working in equity derivatives is highly desired. Excellent communication skills are a must as this position involves interacting with the trading desk and other teams on a daily basis.
- Develop and enhance new and existing C# .NET & C++ front office applications and services with a strong focus on OTC/Exotic derivatives architecting and build out.
- Analyze business requirements and technical specifications and architect solutions.
- Communicate and collaborate with trading desk, middle office personnel and peer technology teams.
- Provide day to day level 2 application support for multiple trading applications.
Required Background: Qualifications:
- BS degree or equivalent with a GPA of 3.0 or above
- 8+ years of experience in C# .NET.
- 5+ years of experience in capital markets working and knowledge of financial products.
- Experience in realtime or near realtime trading systems.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in C++ is a plus.
- Experience working on any RDBMS is a plus.
- Experience working on OMS, and/or Risk is a plus.
Primary Location: US-NY-New York
Work Locations: New York 520 Madison Avenue New York 10022
Job: Information Technology
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager without Direct Reports
Job Posting: Apr 23, 2019, 4:10:54 PM