Development and Marketing Administrative Coordinator
If you are looking to make a real difference in the lives of more than 300,000 Canadians living with type 1 diabetes (T1D), then we are the organization for you! As a Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) employee, you will join a global leader in the search for an end to T1D. At JDRF, we realize that a cure is not just a destination but a journey. Our goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives. JDRF is the largest charitable supporter of T1D research working towards treating, preventing and eventually curing T1D.
We’re currently searching for an organized and detail-oriented Administrative Coordinator to provide support to the Vice President, Marketing & Development in a variety of activities including meeting coordination, calendar management, coordinating review and approval of documents, travel arrangements, expense reporting and reports.
Key accountabilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Maintain calendar and appointment schedule for the Vice President, Marketing & Development, coordinating meeting materials and advising of potential scheduling conflicts
- Coordinate the review of all marketing and development materials requiring review and sign off
- Coordinate and organize meetings for a variety of internal and external stakeholders (ie: donors, volunteer committees, regional leadership team and other staff across the organization); prepare for internal and external meetings including presentation preparation, meeting materials, room bookings, catering, AV requirements, coordinating special guest requests, preparing agendas and taking minutes as required
- Proactively coordinate briefing material for the Vice President, Marketing & Development, following up with staff prior to meetings and ensuring background information is provided prior to meetings
- Request lists and reports as required from internal IT team to contact constituents or evaluate fundraising effectiveness and proactively input and track information in CRM to ensure information is up to date
- Assist in the coordination of information between different regional leaders and the National Support Office including event calendars, procedures and documentation
- Arrange national travel requirements, routing in the most cost effective manner and arrange for hotel accommodations and ground transportation as needed
- Collect, complete and submit expense statements for payment
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? If you have the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
- College diploma in General Business or equivalent experience
- 5+ years related office experience; experience in the philanthropic or non-profit sector is an asset
- Experience working with volunteers and volunteer committees
- Expert knowledge of office software including: Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) as well as Internet research skills and experience working with a CRM (Clearview, Raiser’s Edge, etc.)
- Experience with meeting management, i.e. agenda setting, compiling board packages, taking minutes, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with advanced appreciation of administrative standards including document formatting and quality, correspondence style, and the appearance of all materials prepared for external use
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service-focused and the ability to professionally interact with all levels of staff, volunteers, donors, vendors, partners and other constituents while projecting an energetic, friendly, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Excellent organizational skills with diligent attention to detail and the ability to produce accurate work efficiently
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and follow-through to effectively manage work flow and continuously improve efficiency.
- Must be able to thrive in a deadline-driven environment with changing demands and priorities under minimal supervision and handle confidential/highly sensitive information with tact and professionalism
- Able to works some flexible hours, including occasional evening and weekend work, as required
Submit your application for consideration today!
Application Deadline: April 15, 2019