National Marketing and Communications Social Media and Design Coordinator
If you are looking to make a real difference in the lives of more than 300,000 Canadians living with type 1 diabetes (T1D), now is the time to join our team at JDRF. We are the largest charitable supporter of T1D research working towards treating, preventing and curing T1D.
Are you a collaborative content producer with experience in web and social media? We’re searching for a National Marketing and Communications Social Media and Design Coordinator to join our dynamic Marketing and Communications team. In this role you would be responsible for managing and growing our social media presence through effective design, development, and creation of design and social media content. Working with our Design Strategist, you would also develop assets for all marketing projects.
Does the above resonate with you? As the National Marketing and Communications Social Media and Design Coordinator, you would have the opportunity to make an impact by:
- Developing clear, compelling and effective digital design content for both online and offline channels (web/digital, video, newsletters, online banners, information sheets, print and digital ads, presentations, brochures, posters, interactive PDFs, etc.) to engage key target audiences
- Assisting in the design, creation and updating of event web pages and campaign landing pages, working closely with internal stakeholders and content managers to ensure a consistent, optimized experience
- Managing all of JDRF’s social media properties (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn), writing compelling social media content and implementing Google Adwords, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram advertising and boosting campaigns
- Developing and evolving a social media strategy to increase engagement rates, likes and followers with the goal of expanding JDRF’s digital footprint and converting traffic into leads, donors and advocates for JDRF
- Developing monthly lineups of social media posts and ad content for all channels with understanding of best practices around platforms, limitations around content use and appropriate audience engagement.
- Coordinating reviews and working collaboratively with marketing communications team members, translators, designers, developers, vendors, and printers as required to achieve campaign objectives
- Collaborating with program and event leads to design and implement content plans related to Walk, Ride and other events/campaigns, becoming a trusted advisor providing best-practice guidelines and content strategies to shape and define content needs requirements
- Preparing campaign trend reports, year-over-year analytics and weekly/monthly reports
- Solving usability and navigation issues and improve user experience and engagement
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? If you bring the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a digital marketing role, in a digital-focused company, agency or non-profit organization
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma with emphasis on Graphic Design, Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or a related field
- Working knowledge of marketing and graphic design principles and execution
- Experience writing, editing and proofreading communications materials, with demonstrated understanding of social media
- Experience working with CMS systems such as Wordpress, Mura
- HTML – Moderate to high level of skill/experience
- SEM and SEO, PPC (pay per click) advertising experience would be an asset
- Computer proficiency in PC and Mac environments with Adobe Creative Suite CS6 (including Illustrator (advanced), InDesign (intermediate), Photoshop (advanced), Premiere Pro (intermediate) Flash (entry level), and the Microsoft Office Suite (intermediate)
- Understanding of technical constraints of print and web
- Ability to think both creatively and critically
- Demonstrated project management experience, including the ability to liaise with internal stakeholders, vendors, determine priorities, manage workflow and deliver quality product on time and on budget
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to uncover actionable insights
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment
- Collaborative, driven and an energetic team player
- Knowledge of French language is an asset
Why choose JDRF?
We offer a competitive compensation package including (employer paid) group benefits, group RRSP matching program, paid annual vacation, professional development, and flexible working arrangements. We also offer a dynamic and positive working environment built on the core values of Respect, Understanding and Integrity; Perseverance; Collaboration; Risk Taking and Entrepreneurship; and Efficiency, Effectiveness and Accountability.
Interested? Please submit your resume and a digital portfolio representing breadth of work, ability and compelling design.
Application Deadline: November 17th, 2019
JDRF is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. A request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.