LOGISTICS SALES EXECUTIVE
JDI Logistics is a global provider of third party logistics, warehousing and distribution, load brokerage, and intermodal marketing. We focus on offering solutions for the most complex and challenging material movements, utilizing a lean and efficient process model. From singular freight solutions to large supply chain management, JDI Logistics can integrate and manage a wide array of logistics services in both the United States and Canada.
This opportunity has flexibility on the location, however, preferably in the Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver areas.
Reporting to the Director of Logistics, the Logistics Sales Executive will be responsible for generating new business development opportunities within non-asset based Truckload, Less than Truck Load, Intermodal, Air, Ocean and Warehousing service offerings. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the management team to grow new business channels, prepare proposals and quotations and secure contracts.
- Customer Focus
- High Energy
- Mediating and Negotiating
- Problem Solving
- Result Focus
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Ethics and Integrity
- Accountability and Dependability
- Generating leads through cold calling, networking and referrals
- Managing a balanced sales funnel, executing all steps of the sales process from target to close to continually secure new business
- Exceed all standards for prospecting calls, presentations, proposals and closes
- Maintaining and growing new business in an assigned territory
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction maintaining close contact with all customers ? including follow up on concerns or other issues
- Provide a solution-based sales approach to drive new business across multiple lines of business; LTL, Intermodal, air, ocean & warehousing
- Negotiate contracts and rate agreements
- Develop, execute and monitor strategic and tactical goals to maximize sales, profit and to ensure sales targets are met or exceeded
- Provide documented activity reports of your sales efforts on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Provide ongoing reporting and analysis, including: territory trending, sales reports/analysis, CRM reports, trade spending analysis, expense reports, etc.
- Follow all company policies, ethics and company procedures
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
- Minimum 5 years' experience within the logistics-based transportation industry in a Senior Sales Executive or National Account sales function
- Post-secondary degree and/or coursework in Business Administration / Commerce is preferred but not essential if candidate has appropriate sales training and experience
- Extremely organized, flexible, proactive and creative
- Excellent selling, presentation and communication skills
- Strong business knowledge of North American transportation modes and customers
- PC competency in PowerPoint, Word and Excel program
- Proven results and record of territory and regional sales growth
- Detailed knowledge of various transportation modes and operating requirements
- Effective problem solving, organization and time management skills
- Self-starter: Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Solid negotiation skills and the ability to work with a focus on deadlines and business goals
- Ability to engage and communicate with stakeholders at all levels within the organization
- Possession of a valid license and suitable vehicle; must be willing to travel
Please apply online.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.