This is a full time one year contract with possible renewal.
The incumbent will work alongside a small team of professional engineers and technologists based in the village of Hawkestone Oro -Medonte Township (near Barrie) with typical office hours and work day
We are looking for a self-directed and detailed orientated individual with a passion for mechanical design. S/he will have a thorough working knowledge of drafting in a 3D CAD and Autodesk Inventor environment. We are looking for someone who is fully versed in Autodesk Inventor, and will be able to work through assigned tasks with minimal supervision with a project management mindset.
You are also noted as having excellent problem solving, organized and superior time management skills.
Position Responsibilities and Expectations
- Able to prepare, design, draft, plan and interpret readings of 3D assemblies/parts and detailed drawings using 3D CAD software specifically Autodesk Inventor.
- Able to collect data necessary to complete reports and design for gear design components and systems and related projects.
- Familiar with design, machining, welding and inspection practices, processes, standards and their impact on project activities.
- Able to assist in report writing and partake in design review as necessary using Microsoft Office software.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good presentation skills, both oral and graphics.
- Able to work independently, using critical thinking and as an active solution and supports team member.
- Mechanical engineering degree
- A minimum of two (2) years' experience in 3D drawing, with Autodesk Inventor, and Autocad
- Advanced drafting skills in 3D CAD software and Autodesk Inventor
- Work experience in 3D modeling and drawing from concept to manufacturing detail
- Work experience developing manufacturing drawings in accordance with applicable standards
- Work experience reading and interpreting technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports
Your Cover Letter
Please provide a cover letter stating your skill sets in the following manner:
- Indicate you work experience of a minimum of two (2) years' with 3 D CAD
- Describe examples of your drafting skills using Autodesk Inventor
- Describe your work experience in 3D modeling and drawing from concept to manufacturing detail.
- Describe your work experience developing manufacturing drawings in accordance with applicable standards.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Mechanical Design: 2 years (Required)
- 3 D CAD: 2 years (Required)
- Autodesk Inventor: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Autodesk Certificate (Preferred)