This position develops consumer marketing and communication strategies for select businesses, services and products of the JCCSF. This includes planning and executing integrated, strategic marketing campaigns, including managing numerous accounts for a variety of programs and businesses, analyzing the consumer marketplace, identifying marketing goals based on business goals, facilitating approvals of marketing campaigns, advising and purchasing media contracts, monitoring consumer communications and experiences, interpreting marketing metrics and managing account budgets. The Marketing Account Manger collaborates with cross-functional teams within the Marketing Department and across the organization to negotiate and direct the best marketing solutions. This role will manage the full suite of Family Life Programs at the JCCSF, including camp, preschools, after school, teen, swim school, sports and recreation programs.
- Develop strategies for all promotions, projects and campaigns for assigned program areas, in line with JCCSF and Marketing Department goals, processes, calendars and budget.
- Actively advocate for the advancement of the program/business unit; collaboratively develop program, marketing and communication strategies with internal business managers.
- Build integrated marketing plans, collaborating with web services, online marketing, creative team personnel, public relations consultant and internal clients (program managers, development officers, directors), representing and advocating for marketing best practices and the JCCSF brand.
- Work with the creative services team during the development of creative projects. Communicate target audience, goals and objectives, budget, distribution plans, and provide content, or other assets from program staff required for copywriting, design and production.
- Write and edit marketing copy as appropriate to different vehicles, ensuring consistency of voice and message across vehicles. Proofread creative deliverables, and review final proofs.
- Ensure that digital and print marketing vehicles are produced in accordance with goals and objectives by reviewing and providing feedback on all copy, design and layout of print and online work products.
- With assistance from the Creative Team project management staff, oversee and participate in project development from start to finish; including producing project briefs, developing the intended message, ensuring that content is accurate and on point, tracking progress, maintaining regular communications with program partners, facilitating approvals from internal partners, and tracking expenditures, budgets, deadlines and fulfillment.
- Build, manage and report on program marketing budgets keeping confidential budget plans or strategies, as needed. Evaluate and approve all expenditures against budgets.
- Utilize a thorough understanding of assigned program areas target audiences, program history, current successes and metrics in order to identify and communicate program and campaign goals.
- Analyze key marketing metrics, establish ROI, and evaluate emerging promotional opportunities.
- Advise on SEM, pay per click advertising, print and transit advertising and email promotions.
- Collaborate with the online marketing and web services teams to advocate for optimal user experiences on campaign and related pages on jccsf.org.
- Build and maintain knowledge of existing and emerging digital and print marketing vehicles and vendors, as well as output specifications for typical marketing vehicles.
- Maintain accurate and updated project details in the project database.
- Participate in and promote JCCSF events and programs within and outside the Marketing Department, including periodic participation on weekends or weekday evenings.
- Four+ years’ experience in marketing communications at an advertising or creative agency or in a marketing/communications department.
- Very strong ability to write, edit and proofread persuasive and appealing marketing copy.
- Experience with integrated campaigns deploying a full range of print, broadcast and online media channels toward measured objectives.
- Strong analytical skills and passion for analyzing programs, competitors and market dynamics.
- Superb organizational and project management skills and proven success in account and/or project management. Strong ability to thrive while managing tight deadlines, multiple simultaneous projects and numerous clients.
- Proactive, positive style with the ability to think strategically and provide creative solutions, the political savvy to drive consensus and the discipline to convert plans into real deliverables.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a spirit of customer service with diverse teams, and to understand their various needs and maintain flexibility even in the midst of tight deadlines.
- Experience seeking out and managing vendors and related price negotiations is desirable.
- Proven competence and accuracy with respect to project billing and related accounting; prior experience with preparing and reconciling budgets preferred.
- Enjoyment of a team environment and occasional departures from specific job duties to work collaboratively on special projects.
- Must be capable in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and have the ability to get up to speed quickly with a web-based project management and trafficking tool. Experience with Salesforce a plus.
Benefited, exempt, position.