As a publicly traded Real Estate Investment Trust with a market capitalization of ~$6 billion, JBG SMITH offers the perfect opportunity for an accountant to launch their career and continue to advance their skills. Already the largest REIT focused on the DC market, JBG SMITH is extremely well positioned for continued growth based on Amazon’s selection of National Landing in Arlington, Virginia for its new headquarters. The Washington Business Journal recognized this as the “Deal of the Decade” and was described on the front-page of the Wall Street Journal.
JBG SMITH is deeply invested in its people. We recently moved to our brand-new headquarters, walking distance from the Bethesda, Maryland metro stop. With a design focused on embracing new ways of working, feel free to work at a standing desk or take your laptop to the outdoor terrace and work by the firepit. Need a break? Exercise at the on-site fitness center or relax with a cup of cold brew coffee from our office tap. With free Bethesda Bagels every morning or the variety of fruit, snacks, and drinks available in the office kitchen, we don’t expect that you’ll ever go hungry. Competitive benefits, structured career mentoring programs, and frequent out-of-the-office team events ensure that you will be working in a collaborative environment that inspires you every day.
You’re a detail-orientated and organized all-star who takes pride in your work and focuses on how to get tasks done right. You are a problem solver who is not afraid to break from traditional processes to create more efficient solutions. You are a self-starter with a disciplined approach and strong follow-through. As an essential member of a team that places emphasis on collaboration and a collective effort in completing team goals, you will never be alone in your efforts. Utilizing your excellent communication skills, you will have the opportunity to build relationships both within and outside the accounting department.
- Work closely with project accountants to maintain financial records and general ledgers for a variety of properties
- Prepare journal entries and financial statement reconciliations as needed
- Help with accounts receivable, payable and bank statement reconciliations
- Assist with month-end financial reports for investors, lenders, and projects
- Work with tax preparers and external auditors on year-end tax and audit prep
- Assist Accounting Department on additional tasks or projects as needed
JBG SMITH is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s in Accounting with a targeted graduation date between May 2020 through May 2021.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.