Our home base, could be yours too.
For 40 years, Jayman BUILT has continually redefined the way new homes are built, bought and, mot importantly, lived in. Participating in community developments in Calgary, Cochrane, Airdrie and the Greater Edmonton area. For more information, visit www.jayman.com
As the Controller, Single-Family Homes at Jayman BUILT, you will establish yourself as an excellent advisor and leader within the finance and accounting realm at Jayman. As a strategic partner and leader for the company, the Controller will oversee the financial functions and policies for single-family construction including but not limited to accounting, budget, tax, treasury and financial customer relationships. This position reports directly to the CFO and is a member of the management team. We are looking for someone with strong operational and audit experience that has transitioned into a private, family-owned and very entrepreneurial industry.
A Day in the Life:
* In conjunction with the CFO, prepare the annual written plan for the financial side of the business including the land and project opportunities/constraints, a solid understanding of the competitive and economic environment, sales and market opportunities, sales, closing and margin targets, and cash analysis.
* Ensure that monthly and quarterly financial statements are completed, and that accurate packages are delivered.
* Review monthly results-to-date with the Calgary and Edmonton management teams, including review of project costs, sales and G&A expenses.
* Assist CFO in creating and executing a reporting package for joint venture participants.
* Ensure monthly and quarterly financial statements are distributed by the required time lines.
Capital and Risk Management
* Complete financial reporting accurately and submit to the bank within the required timelines.
* Review letter of credit and renew or cancel as needed.
* Ensure solid work relationships are maintained with legal, insurance and government agencies.
* Ensure a rolling 12-month forecast of cash is completed and updated periodically.
* Complete a weekly review of cash balances.
* Ensure all payments are properly authorized with supporting documentation and payments are made accurately and on time.
* Ensure all bank accounts are reconciled and all outstanding items are cleared.
* Develop and maintain a high performing team through mentorship, coaching and supporting team members with day-to-day activities and goals, educational opportunities and experiential growth activities.
What you need to bring to the table:
* Experience: 10 years or more of hands-on diverse accounting and financial experience, with at least 5 years in a senior accounting / management role.
* Education: University Degree, accounting designation, CPA preferred
* Skills and Attributes: Our ideal candidate must be a “roll-up-the-sleeves”, “hands-on” Controller with a proven track record of success in leading, developing, hiring, motivating and mentoring high-performance accounting teams, bringing the following:
*** Analytical skills – demonstrated by the understanding of key business factors and the ability to utilize information to impact results
*** Exceptional attention to detail
*** Ability to prioritize and organize workflows and handle demands of a multi-tasking environment
*** Motivated by a busy work environment with a variety of assignments
*** ERP experience
*** Previous experience with various modules of computerized general ledger accounting systems such as FAST Management System, NewStar as well as MS Office Software are an asset;
*** Extensive knowledge of GAAP accounting standards
*** Proven project management skills, including exceptional organization, planning and time management skills
*** Excellent oral, written and visual communication skills including solid presentation skills
*** Self starter and a multi-tasker with a passion for working in a high energy and fast-paced department.
As a Platinum-Level Best Managed Company, we will provide you the following:
* Competitive compensation and incentive program
* Flexible health and dental coverage
* Health Spending Account
* Employee discounts
* Customized Training Programs
* On-site gym
* Community and volunteer involvement
Do you see the magic? Are you ready to be part of the lifestyle? Join the award winning Jayman BUILT team and contribute to our exceptional track record, with over 28 thousand homes built in the last 40 years. Please apply by June 28, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or agency inquiries please.