Jarvis Consulting Group identifies high potential individuals and develops them into professional technology consultants working with the hottest technologies in some of Canada’s top companies.
We’re looking for individuals with the right attitude and aptitude to become Data Engineers and work with some of Canada’s top companies to unlock the value of their data. If you want to become a data engineer working with top companies on high profile projects Jarvis just might be what you're looking for.
You’ll be involved in projects of high strategic importance to design, build and integrate data pipelines that provide a consistent flow of high quality data. Also, you’ll have the opportunity to explore the use of new and emerging data related technologies and pioneer new patterns and practices.
- Comprehensive training on core Big Data technologies provided by industry experts:
- Access to the most exciting and innovative projects within some of Canada’s top companies
- Dedicated support to help you develop your career through coaching, professional networking opportunities and attaining industry recognized certifications
- The opportunity to dramatically improve your skills by writing a lot of code
- Curious - You’re interested in experimenting, learning, innovating and trying new things
- Customer Focused – You strive to create value for your customers and always deliver with quality
- Adaptable - You maintain a focus on results even as plans and priorities change and consistently deliver value
- Humble - You recognize your strengths as well as your opportunities and are always willing to learn from others
- Collaborative - You value the success of the group and freely share your knowledge, experience and insight
You should have academic or professional experience developing solutions (batch or streaming) for data ingestion, data mapping, reporting and data processing. Ideally you’ve used technologies like Hadoop, Kafka and Spark to build data pipelines.
- Diploma or degree in computer science, technology, engineering or a mathematical discipline
- Aptitude for logical reasoning and quantitative problem solving
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good collaboration and teamwork skills
- Willing and able to commit to working with Jarvis for at least two years following a training period
- Legally permitted to work in Canada (citizen/permanent resident/work permit)
- Familiar with one or more programming languages (C++, Java, Python, Scala, etc)
- Have completed at least one course related to designing algorithms and data structures
- Practical and relevant training utilizing the newest technologies
- Support to help you establish your career and achieve your goals
- The opportunity to work on innovative projects within a variety of Canada’s top companies
- A competitive compensation package with support for continuous learning