Associate, Sustainable Investing
Jarislowsky Fraser Limited is a registered portfolio management firm. Founded in 1955 as a research boutique, Jarislowsky Fraser today manages the portfolios of pension funds, foundations, corporations and individuals in Canada, the United States and internationally — representing more than $39 billion in assets under management. Headquartered in Montreal, we have offices in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and New York.
A unique opportunity for someone with an interest in integrated Sustainable, Responsible and ESG investing analysis in public equities and fixed income at an established and growing global investment manager.
- Supporting role that straddles both research and client-service functional areas
- Supports the Sustainable Investing Committee a cross-departmental committee tasked with coordinating and developing tools and processes to support the firm's Sustainable Investing activities.
- Support senior client-service professionals with the completion and development of periodic and ad hoc sustainable investing-related reports including the PRI Transparency Report, Proxy Voting Report, Carbon Footprinting, ESG KPI Reports, and presentation materials.
- Support senior research and portfolio management professionals with special projects, including data collection and analysis, tool development and evaluation, and academic articles and white papers.
- Collaborate with client service and research/portfolio management groups to develop new products and services.
- Medium term potential to represent the firm at various events and establish an expanded network in the relevant community.
- General tasks requested by supervisor
- 0-3 years' work experience (Investment industry experience preferred)
- Undergraduate University degree in Business or related subject
- Strong knowledge of Excel and experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Financial and ESG analysis and related tools (Excel, Bloomberg, Capital IQ, Sustainalytics, SASB Navigator, CDP etc.)
- Good knowledge of trading systems
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task
- Organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong numeracy skills
- Proven time-management skills, sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to learn, adapts to change
- Reliable with a good sense of judgment
- Investment industry experience preferred (Brokerage, Investment or Trust Company)
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel
- Capacity to learn new systems and processes
- Enrollment in the CFA program and/or CIM designation and/or registered AAR
- Knowledge of Bloomberg
- Confidentiality, Integrity and Loyalty
- Prior academic or professional work related to Sustainable/Responsible Investing or and/or ESG analysis are assets
- Bilingualism (English/French) an asset
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent