Janie and Jack is a design house with every kid at its heart—because individual style starts early. Inspired by the places we go, the people we admire and all the unexpected stuff in between, our collections feature modern twists on classic fashion.
Inspiring. Approachable. Thoughtful. These are some of the ideas that guide our every day. And our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Are you ready to be a part of the Janie and Jack story?
In this role, you will be responsible for fabric and wash development needs for the knit and sweater division of Janie and Jack. This role is responsible for managing the fabric development and price negotiations seasonally. The individual will develop and maintain fabric supplier and mill relationships. This person supports the team. The Associate Fabric R&D will also be responsible for managing calendar deadlines, and development tracking, as well as the handling of daily communication with internal business partners, Mills and overseas agents.
- Manage the development of seasonal fabrics for knits and sweaters.
- Utilize technical expertise to translate design intent; cost engineer fabrics within brands parameters.
- Troubleshoot development issues. Work with cross-functional teams to resolve issues quickly.
- Gather and negotiate fabric costs from nominated mill base.
- Recommend best print and wash techniques and track submissions.
- Build and maintain relationships with mills, suppliers, agents and cross functional partners.
- Maintain fabric, wash library and database.
- Manage development calendar and tools, and ensure completion as per deadlines.
- Daily communication with overseas mills and agents.
BA/BS Degree in Product Development, Textiles or equivalent preferred
Minimum 2 years in the technical fabric field with experience in children’s or adult apparel required
Domestic as well as overseas fabric sourcing and negotiating experience required
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Strong organizational skills
Ability to adjust to the current needs of a fast-paced, dynamic department
Strong PC skills: Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
Knit experience is a must have, and past experience developing sweaters is a huge plus!
- We offer all Janie and Jack employees 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Janie and Jack and Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.