JANA is a rapidly growing engineering firm focused on improving the integrity of gas distribution and gas transmission pipeline systems through the application of advanced risk modeling technologies. An entrepreneurial company, we provide an exciting, dynamic and respectful work environment where you will be an important contributor to the JANA Team. Our Mission at JANA is “Better Pipelines for a Better World” – we are true believers and inspire our employees to join us in this mission!
JANA is looking for a for an ambitious individual to join our Software Product Team as an Intermediate Software Developer. JANA’s Intermediate Software Developers build the next generation of Risk Management and GIS-driven applications to help revolutionize the Gas Pipeline Integrity industry. Working with a talented team, JANA’s Intermediate Software Developers contribute to JANA’s product development lifecycle by building out new features and continually improving our process.
JANA has a progressive culture of personal and professional growth. With a vested interest in each employee’s professional growth and continuous improvement as an individual, JANA supports professional development, continuous education, industry participation and technical accreditations for Senior Software Developers. Other Perks that come with joining JANA’s Software Product Team include:
- Make a Difference: Joining an emerging Software Product Team, you’ll influence technology vision and product development
- High-energy Collaborative Environment: JANA combines the energy of a start-up with the discipline of a precision engineering firm
- Regular Social Events: Join the entire JANA Team for fun Social Events like our Weekly Beer Club, Annual Birthday Bonspiel, Ice Cream Parties, Cinco de Mayo… even an Easter Egg Hunt
- Best-in-Class Benefits: JANA offers all employees a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, and Gym Membership coverage
- Writes clean, testable, maintainable code
- Assists in supporting design activities
- Takes ownership of features and drives them to completion
- Participates in development sprints in a team environment
- Reviews other developers’ code on a regular basis
- Writes test cases or performs unit testing
- Analyzes and refactors existing code to find better ways to do things
- Undergraduate in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Greater than 2 years professional software development experience
- A strong desire to continually learn new things and constantly improve
- Strong ability to communicate both in written and verbal forms
- Strong software development fundamentals (design patterns, data structures, algorithms, code structure)
- Experience coding in C# using .NET Frameworks preferably .NET Core
- Understanding of web application concepts such as MVC, REST, HTTP, etc.
- Experience working with databases and writing basic SQL queries
- Experience using Git to create and review PRs, resolve merge conflicts, rebase and branching.
- Proven track record of successfully shipping software product features
Desired Technical Qualifications
- Experience working and integrating with GIS systems such as ESRI ArcGIS
- The JANA Way: Functions in alignment with JANA's Values and Professional Culture
- Speaking/Presenting: Clearly articulates ideas, opinions and information in technical presentations and discussions so that the intended purpose is achieved, and the needs of the audience are met
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others to achieve positive results
- Problem solving: Able to analyze complex problems and formulate different points of attack to come up with viable solutions
<!- [if !supportAnnotations]->