The Jamaica Plain Neighborhood Development Corporation (JPNDC) is a 42-year-old non-profit organization with the mission of promoting equitable development and equal opportunity in Jamaica Plain and adjacent Boston neighborhoods through affordable housing, community organizing, and economic opportunity initiatives that improve the lives of low- and moderate-income people and create a better community for all.
As its scope of operations and level of financial activity continues to increase, JPNDC is seeking an experienced professional to serve as a Staff Accountant. This person will be responsible for all phases of real estate projects in development, payroll, and accounts receivable.
- Maintain systems to track financial progress of real estate development projects and prepare funding requisitions.
- Maintain regular communications with project staff, lenders and consultants regarding project costs and financing requirements.
- Work with program and project managers to develop budgets for programs and real estate development projects.
- Assist in setting up new accounting entities as required for new development projects.
- Record and process donation report and reconcile with Classy to ensure they are being reported properly.
- Reconciling and reporting on our loan program.
- Process Real Estate payments when funds are available.
- File annual reports for all entities
- Assist with changing recurring entries on an annual basis.
- Provide back-up support for accounts payable, and support for child care transactions.
- Assist in reconciling general ledger accounts on a monthly basis to maintain accuracy of accounts. Eg. Accounts Receivable, Contracts Receivable and all reimbursable accounts are zero on a monthly basis.
- Process payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
- Process all payroll taxes, record payroll and assist with annual audits that pertain to payroll.
- Assist with accounting software administration
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Demonstrated ability in Real Estate accounting for properties in development
- 3 to 5 years' experience in payroll, accounts receivable and Real Estate Development
- Ability to prepare requisitions for various funders.
- Ability to communicate well with all departments, clients and vendors
- Ability to deal with confidential material and a willingness to handle a variety of tasks
- Strong organizational skills with a detail-oriented mindset
- Bilingual oral and writing skills (Spanish/English) a must.
- ADP, Peachtree (Sage 50) and Microsoft office experience a plus
Specialized Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, will consider a candidate with long term experience.
Employment Terms: This is a full time position salary range $55,000 to $60,000 based on experience.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
JPNDC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 /year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Accounts receivable
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused