You will support the ground systems software area for a large program, performing development and support of operational software in adherence to project processes, and meeting schedule, customer, and contractual obligations.
You should be highly motivated with a passion for problem solving and be able to understand, design, code, and debug algorithms, providing elegant and innovative solutions.
- Software engineering experience
- Experience programming in Java, writing unit tests, and scripting (e.g. csh)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs), to generate engineering artifacts for handoff to software development
- Coding and design of algorithmic applications
- Ability to comprehend an Interface Control Document (ICD) and code to it
- Experience/knowledge of the following technologies:
- Object Relational Mapping (ORM) – Hibernate
- Java Message Service (JMS)
- Experience with Design Patterns (Dependency Injection, Publish/Subscribe, Builder, Observer)
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) discipline with 2 years related experience; Masters in STEM discipline with 0 years related experience
Redondo Beach, CA
$95K - $115K
U.S. Citizenship is required.