We’re IG Wealth Management – a Canadian leader in providing the best advice, experience and outcomes for our clients, personalized throughout their lifetime. This is your opportunity to build a career with a leading organization where you can learn, grow and thrive both professionally and personally.
Our vision: We inspire financial confidence.
At IG Wealth Management we believe:
- Our success starts with the success of our clients
- In achieving excellence in all we do, and anything worth doing is worth doing extraordinarily well
- Only through teamwork can we realize our greatest potential
- We can never be satisfied with the status quo and that every day we should be focused on creating more value
- In the power of advice to change lives for the better
- It is our mission to make a difference in the world and the lives of others
If you share our vision and values, we’d like to hear from you.
DEPARTMENT SUMMARY: The Corporate & Field Event Marketing team is responsible for the development and management of the all corporately sponsored events and conferences, in addition to managing the corporate travel program for the corporation on a multi company basis. The conferences and events primarily support the sales force, which includes our Consultants and Field Directors. Subsequently the Event Marketing team manages events for our specialist network and our employees in addition to the field events.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Event Planner is primarily responsible for collaborating with Business Owners, internal and external partners and the Event Marketing team on the development and execution of the corporate conferences to deliver the desired outcomes on time and on budget.
- Project management of the overall event; as the program lead, responsible for the development and execution of the overall program, managing the project plan, associated tasks, timelines and resources.
- Program development including agenda development, managing floor plans and venue space, support and guidance on the development of breakout sessions, managing scope and execution of work of internal and external partners.
- Financial management is a shared accountability with the Assistant Manager, Financial Reporting and planning. Responsibilities include managing to budget through a fluid process and accountable to the bottom line results.
- High levels of accountability required to ensure goals, timelines and objectives are met including delegation and management of resources
- Management and coordination of conference materials
- Demonstrated leadership skills required for collaboration with team members, internal departments and external vendors as it relates to logistics and execution
- High productivity and quality standards required to ensure objectives are consistently met
- On-site execution of events including venue management and special events
- Ed track management including production coordination, presenter requirements & room set up
- Minimum 4 - 7 years experience in meeting planning/event management disciplines including project management
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) designation or related industry experience a preference.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with individuals at senior levels inside and outside of the organization
- Well developed analytical and problem solving skills and ability to prioritize multiple priorities
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to work within tight deadlines, with multiple projects and competing priorities
- The ability to communicate, both verbally and written, in English and French is required.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Travel and overtime are required.
Please apply by December 26, 2019. For technical difficulties when applying