Director, Marketing Operations - All Channel Marketing Planning
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment.
What This Position Is All About:
The Director All Channel Marketing Planning supports the development and delivery of Omni Marketing Campaigns (traditional and digital) for the banner they represent within HBC. This role develops and implements effective project and program management tools and best practices to support corporate campaign integration through facilitating alignment between functional groups, including those banner-side.
The role has a high degree involvement within the Banner organization as Marketing Strategy and Planning is developed, and as such requires well developed working knowledge of many aspects of Retail.
Who You Are:
- The successful candidate should have a proven and quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization.
- Ability to quickly assess a new environment and develop solutions that support the business strategy, critical objectives, and cultural norms.
- Creative with a strategic mindset along with the ability to turn concepts into action.
- You have strong relationship building and influence skills.
- A change agent who is flexible, resilient, and able to thrive in a dynamic, rapid paced environment. Embody a culture of taking smart risks and innovating to win.
You Also Have:
As the Director, Marketing Operations- All Channel Marketing, You Will:
- Bachelor’s Degree and PMP Certification preferred
- 10 to 15 years of relevant Marketing / Project Management experience in medium to large scale Retail organization
- A high degree of understanding of all aspects of Retail, including merchandise buying, planning, and financial acumen
- Well developed knowledge of traditional (print, broadcast) and digital marketing
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Partner with senior stakeholders across the Banner and CoE teams to gain alignment on Marketing Strategy and Planning timelines, deliverables and expectations
- Partner with key stakeholders across the Marketing CoE (Centre of Excellence), including Brand Direction, Creative Services, Production, Digital Marketing and Media Buying Teams to ensure successful Campaign Planning and Execution
- Lead recurring Banner Update Meetings, reviewing deliverables with business stakeholders, and working with cross-functional teams to ensure their feedback is actioned on a timely basis, per calendar cadence
- Provide regular status reports to the Executive Team, Sr. Leadership, and key stakeholders on the progress of all Marketing Projects
- Provide overall management, coordination, and oversight of all facets related to Omni Channel initiatives
- Gather business requirements from functional groups, including Banner Marketing, Brand Direction, Creative, and Production Teams and guide the establishment of initial project timelines
- Arrange and coordinate the implementation of projects to align with interdependent deliverables and ensure program strategies are aligned to the Banner's objectives
- Play an active role in ensuring budget requirements are clearly set out for all Campaigns, well understood by CoE areas, and ensure an effective communication loop on actual performance to Banner stakeholders is in place
- Oversee the process from the initial request for a project to its final delivery
- Identify and recommend process modification based on feedback from key stakeholders and cumulative experience on projects
- Oversee the Communication of process changes, tool updates, training, and timing, as required
- Oversee the management of Change Requests and subsequent revision to schedules and level set expectations across key stakeholders as needed
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental)
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.