Java Developer / Sr. Software Developer
Multiple openings - mid level to senior level
10 Four Seasons Place, 10th Floor
M9B 6H7, Canada
Job Type: Direct Hire (perm) - This is NOT a contract!
Our technology team is the backbone of our company: constantly creating, testing, learning and iterating to better meet the needs of our customers. If you thrive in a fast-paced, ideas-led environment, you're in the right place.
Types of Projects:
- Are you passionate about complex, highly scalable software systems?
- Do you enjoy coming up with appropriate solutions to the most challenging business problems?
- Do you enjoy collaborating with the business folks to improve and grow the company's products?
- Do you thrive in an environment where cross-functional, self-organizing agile teams are constantly experimenting to improve the product?
- Are you looking for a company that is not too big, not too small, and has a casual work environment? If so, then we just might have the perfect job for you!
- com is looking for talented, result oriented, and innovative software engineers to join our e-commerce team, responsible for building services that enables searching & booking of travel products across multiple channels, including Priceline's web & mobile platforms and search engines like Google.
- In addition to building applications that can hold up to the scale & growth of our business, our team of engineers work directly with the business leaders in defining the product roadmap and coming up with innovative solutions to grow the business.
- We believe in software craftsmanship and that there is real value in developing software so that it can be easily understood, maintained, and extended.
- At Priceline we are all about team work, accountability, innovation, and a customer-first approach. We work hard, but do so in a collaborative, fun and flexible work environment.
- As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to work on mission critical projects with direct impact on the evolution of Priceline's business.
- You will be able to apply your programming skills towards building low latency and high throughput transactional services.
- You will work on systems that serve hundreds of millions of searches a day, generate billions of events, and are monitored 24x7 using early warning and analytics systems build using the best of the big data technologies, including Cassandra, Kafka, Spark, Hadoop and Splunk.
- Our search systems perform highly concurrent, real-time searches across thousands of partners and collects and parses data from a diverse set of interfaces to get the best deals for our customers.
- We constantly explore new technologies and engineer better solutions for ever demanding business needs.
- Java: You will need to have strong object-oriented design and development skills and advanced knowledge of core Java or similar programming languages. Knowledge and experience with third party libraries, frameworks, and technologies is a plus.
- Database: You will need to have strong SQL composition skills. Knowledge of big data and NoSQL databases is a plus! We not only write software that collects and queries data, but we also compose queries for investigation and analysis. We collect a lot of data in real time from our applications and being able to compose ad hoc queries is necessary to develop and support our products.
- Analysis & Problem Solving: You will need to understand our codebase and systems and the business requirements they implement so you can effectively make changes to our applications and investigate issues.
- Communication: Whether via face-to-face discussion, phone, email, chat, white-boarding, or other collaboration platforms, you must be an effective communicator who can inform, explain, enable, teach, persuade, coordinate, etc.
- Team Collaboration: You must be able to effectively collaborate and share ownership of your team's codebase and applications. You must be willing to fully engage in team efforts, speak up for what you think are the best solutions, and be able to converse respectfully and compromise when necessary.
Knowledge and Experience:
A well-rounded software engineer will have broad and/or deep knowledge of various topics, tools, frameworks, and methodologies related to software engineering. None are required, but the more you can bring, the better. Here are some examples:
o Webservices and API development
o Startup and e-commerce experience
o Spring frameworks
o Git and Gitflow
o Big Data solutions such as Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Elastic Search and Solr
o Hands-on with high capacity and low latency systems
o Continuous integration and automated testing
o Open source projects
- A 4-year degree in Computer Science (or related field). Graduate degree helpful
- 5+ years of work experience in software engineering and development
WE ARE PRICELINE
Priceline.com's success as one of the biggest players in online travel is all thanks to our incredible, dedicated team of over 500 people. We're a diverse group of creative, self-motivated individuals with a passion for making travel easier, more affordable and more rewarding for our customers.
Our culture feeds on collaboration. Individuals work in small, multi-disciplinary teams where we encourage experimentation, communication and teamwork. Every employee must be strong in his or her area of expertise, but willing to learn new skills and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Priceline.com is part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: BKNG), which includes Booking.com, Agoda.com, Rentalcars.com, Kayak.com and now OpenTable.
Each of these businesses, with 20,000+ total employees, operates as an independent brand of the group. While collaboration happens daily, each brand manages its business as it sees fit to grow.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $75,000.00 to $125,000.00 /year
- Spring framework: 5 years (Required)
- Java development: 5 years (Required)