Hudson River Trading is looking for a Technical Recruiter to join HRT's People Operations team, a small but highly productive group based in NYC. Collectively, People Ops is Head of First Impressions for All Future HRT Employees (even though we don't believe in official titles). You will be on the front lines of representing our people, our talent, and our mission. Potential employees need to know they're in good hands and you will show candidates that from the very first contact. You understand that starting a new job is a really big deal, and that hiring the right (or wrong) person is an even bigger deal.
As a recruiter you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of hiring talented people across all teams at HRT. Creativity, adaptability, and experience are important, but to succeed here you must have a passion for finding the rare people who are brilliant and humble, hardworking and fun, and ambitious and honest - and that takes hustle. You will develop a big picture understanding of our business, champion our values, and will become one of the company's most vocal cheerleaders.
You are accustomed to working (and thriving) in an extremely fast-paced environment, so you possess basic start-up must-haves:
- You wear multiple hats and are a multitask master
- You are your own support (no job is too small)
- You are embarrassingly organized (think: color code your sock drawer)
- You take huge amounts of pride in doing your job well
- You sometimes wish you were a programmer - you stop at nothing to automate your workflow and improve efficiency
- You realize independence is important, but understand that teamwork is critical
- Work closely with technical leadership to design the interview and hiring process, for existing roles, or for constantly improving old processes
- Conduct interviews and move people through hiring "pipelines" (via Greenhouse)
- Dive into sourcing talent via LinkedIN Recruiter on open roles
- Find and use creative alternative approaches to sourcing candidates (research, networking, campus, agency, postings, events)
- Assist with the coordination and execution of HRT's campus recruiting activities
- Actively maintain and improve HRT's internal recruiting database
- Maintain and develop relationships with all candidates (as hiring needs and interest levels can change quickly), regardless of outcome
- Use your creativity to constantly churn ideas about how to improve our recruiting process or make HRT a better place to work
- A Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years of work experience in technical recruiting
- Experience with Greenhouse ATS, G Suite, and Trello preferred
- Experience with campus recruiting is a strong plus
- Articulate communicator with outstanding writing skills
- Ambition and a strong desire to make an impact
- A sense of humor and a sense of urgency
- Positive and team-oriented attitude
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds:
mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We're a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we're friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we'd love to get to know you.