Hudson River Trading's Accounting team is looking to hire a Data Reporting Developer who has a passion for using their unique skill set to make the lives of those around them easier and more efficient. In this role you will be responsible for automating and developing accounting and finance reports and creating processes within the accounting team. As the sole Data Reporting Developer for the Accounting team, it will be your responsibility to work closely with the team to understand end-user needs and communicate effectively around project feasibility and timelines. Key responsibilities will include leveraging your technical skills to create new report automation, performing report maintenance and customization, and developing new tools and dashboards to provide impactful insights into financial and operational data.
- Provide technical and analytical support to our Accounting team through the creation of new, customized reports and processes, as well as maintenance and improvement to existing reporting infrastructure.
- Extract, review, finesse, and reconcile data from multiple databases, servers, and platforms.
- Work closely with the Accounting, Finance, and Tax teams to understand needs and adapt to changes in priorities.
- Team up with both internal and external developer teams when necessary.
- Contribute insight into data and aid in data-driven decision making.
- 2-5 years of experience with IT reporting in a financial setting
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Effective communication, both verbal and written, is a must
- Working experience with relational databases, VBA, and SQL
- Python programming experience
- Mastery of multitasking and extraordinary time management skills
Hudson River Trading brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we are mathematicians, computer scientists, statisticians, physicists and engineers. We research and develop automated trading algorithms using advanced mathematical techniques. We have a fun and casual office atmosphere, but everyone works diligently to get the job done. HRTers are motivated by the excitement of being at the forefront of the automated trading world. No politics or red tape impede the generation or implementation of ideas.