Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Executive Director of External Relations, the Marketing and Communications Manager will be a key member of the organization’s internal and external messaging team. The Marketing and Communications Manager will help create and drive the execution of a robust marketing, PR, and communications strategy that engages current and new supporters, builds awareness of our organization and its services, and positions Hudson Guild as a leader in the community services landscape. S/he will manage integrated marketing and communications efforts that span traditional media, social media, and digital marketing, while ensuring that we are connecting with current and potential audiences, and strengthen our visibility within NYC and the communities we serve.
- Bachelor's degree required
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a related marketing or communications role
- A record of success in a position requiring creativity, complex planning, and exacting attention to detail is ideal
- Availability to work evening and weekend hours as needed
- Proficiency in Photoshop and/or InDesign
- An interest and commitment to youth development and community services
- Strong network of relationships in media sectors
- Experience with social media applications, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Collaborate with the Guild’s Development and External Relations team to create compelling fundraising materials
- Manage vendors and independent contractors, including but not limited to consultants, printers, and others
- Attend and staff marketing events for co-branded partnerships
- Work cross-departmentally to ensure smooth execution of events and proper brand visibility for the organization
- Develop a unified voice for Hudson Guild across all digital communications
- Develop and maintain a communications calendar that gives the Hudson Guild Development and External Relations team a quick view of cross-network communications and events, including social media, events, blog posts, newsletters and more
- Craft key written materials for organization (e.g., Board reports, communications from the Executive Director, Annual Report, e-blasts, brochures, etc.) in collaboration with other staff
- Draft and manage execution of email marketing to external audiences
- Maintain organization website and manage and maintain data quality of contact lists
- Regularly report on data and suggest changes based on metrics; track online site analytics and prepare reports
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams to ensure that time-sensitive materials are developed, reviewed, and ready for public consumption on schedule
- Write, edit, proofread and review content for accuracy, timeliness, and consistency with the organization's voice, brand, and mission
- Organize all Hudson Guild branded templates for internal staff and support ongoing training to ensure brand adherence across all communications and content
- Create and execute robust public relations schedule to augment visibility of the Guild
- Other activities as determined by supervisor and Hudson Guild leadership team
WORKING CONDITIONS: Typical office environment, with frequent travel to multiple Hudson Guild sites. Requires frequent sitting, standing, walking, talking, hearing & reaching. Occasional stooping, crouching, and kneeling.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Ability to read printed materials and computer screens. Able to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, & other office equipment.
The Hudson Guild is an Equal Opportunity Employer.