Reports to: General Manager
Assists the General Manager by managing and executing all activities of the warehouses in support of the overall operation; helps
to promote an overall corporate image of excellence through a strong work ethic, leadership by example, and the consistent delivery of excellent customer service throughout the warehouse operation.
- Protects all company assets in the warehouses including non-stock merchandise.
- Provides a safe and clean environment for warehouse personnel.
- Recruits and trains warehouse personnel.
- Schedules warehouse operational hours to accommodate business requirements.
- Supervises and delegates tasks to warehouse employees.
- Places stock orders as required.
- Counts and receives incoming merchandise; reports shortages/overages to vendors in a timely manner, before required deadlines.
- Counts and completes all appropriate paperwork for merchandise returns to vendors.
- Adjusts prices (mark ups/ mark downs) as per the General Manager's instructions.
- Provides ongoing stock replenishment to the sales floor.
- Isolates, sorts, and organizes all damaged and outdated products for subsequent supplier credits and returns.
- Arranges monthly meetings with sales representatives to provide information to the General Manager regarding new products on the market and to obtain credit for damaged/outdated products.
- Organizes all preparatory work for quarterly press counts and annual inventory.
- Facilitates the smooth integration of both terminals' warehouse operations, in order to increase efficiency.
- Consults and helps plan activities with General Manager; manages the activities of warehouse staff.
- Provides supervision, guidance and support to warehouse staff.
- Works with vendors, on-site jobbers and sales representatives.
- Communicates with North American Support Center to resolve issues.
Please note that this role is not solely limited to the duties and responsibilities as outlined above and may change with the needs of the business or at the direction of senior management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership qualities and demonstrated organizational skills
- Good time-management skills and problem-solving abilities
- Effective verbal & written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Physically able to lift at least 40lbs and stand/walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to obtain a Restricted Airside Pass
- Hold a valid Driver's License
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two to four years of previous warehouse experience
- Previous supervisory experience
You can expect from us:
- Health, Dental, and RRSP benefits coverage after 90 days
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity for growth and advancement in the company
- Paid parking
- A team-oriented and engaging environment
Job Type: Full-time