We are looking for Sales Associates for the 4am shift for Hudson Group, a Dufry company, here at the Vancouver International Airport.
Hourly Rate: $13.55/hour
Shift time: 4:00am
Able to work Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
(Airport Operations hours are 24 hours; shifts may vary and to the needs of the business)
Hudson Group Employee Perks:
- Parking paid
- Hourly Premium based on perfect attendance
- Opportunity for growth and advancement in the company
- A team-oriented and engaging work environment
- Eligible for benefits after successful completion of three months' probation
Does this sound like you?
- Acknowledge and greet customers as they enter the store
- Self-driven and motivated
- Believe in providing the best customer experience
- Honest and integrity being your core values
Could you picture yourself doing this?
- Greet every customer as they enter the store and proactively assist with any of their enquiries
- Meet or exceed your individual sales and key business driver goals
- Follow all company policies, cash handling policies and special store loss prevention procedures.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with customers, fellow employees and store management.
- Effectively operate a cash register.
- Know basic store layout and product attributes in order to assist customers and answer questions.
- Be knowledgeable and familiar with the surrounding businesses/offerings within the facility.
- Assist other store employees in maintaining security in stores.
- Stock merchandise and communicate any out of stock situations.
- Maintain a neat, clean, organized store, which includes sweeping, dusting, straightening of merchandise on store fixtures and displays.
- Assist in maintaining the store's product and visual presentation to company standards and floor set direction. This includes folding and hanging merchandise and assisting with floor set changes and stock replenishment.
- Listen to your customer and find out as much as possible about them to outfit them for the life's adventures.
- Perform related work as assigned
Please note that this role is not solely limited to the duties and responsibilities as outlined above and may change with the needs of the business or at the direction of senior management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those with disabilities
- Proficiency in the operation of a cash register
- High degree of interpersonal skills
- Ability to stand, climb, and walk for extended periods of time. Ability to reach, twist, squat, bend and to climb ladders
- Ability to regularly lift and / or move up to 10 - 25 pounds
- Ability to obtain a Restricted Airside Pass
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Previous retail or other customer service experience preferred
Headquartered in East Rutherford, New Jersey, Hudson Group is the largest duty-paid travel retailer in North America. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of international duty-free travel retailer Dufry AG (DUFN) of Basel, Switzerland. Hudson Group operates over 700 newsstands, cafes, and specialty retail shops in 70 airports and transportation terminals in North America.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates elected for an interview will be contacted. Special consideration will be given to applicants with previous experience working as a; sales associate, cashier, retail sales associate, sales clerk and customer service associate.
Job Type: Part-time