Reports to: General Manager
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for coordinating and managing all aspects of store operations for an Airport location, including management of staff, budget preparation, sales targeting, as well as employee and labour relations issues. The General Manager ensures that store operations are efficient, effective, and meet the overall financial goals and objectives of the Company.
- Manages the development of location sales plan projections, trend identification and strategies to achieve both top and bottom line results.
- Liaises with Airport Authority as required and efficiently resolves issues to the satisfaction of all parties.
- Makes suggestions/ recommendations that could enhance sales revenue or streamline operations, including recommendations on pricing strategies, promotional programs, and local opportunities.
- Implements short and long- range operational goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures.
- Assists with salary budget planning and staffing requirements.
- Determines optimum staffing models for the location and provides on the floor leadership.
- Implements employee training programs to ensure efficient and effective customer service.
- Plans and develops customer service activities, programs and services.
- Completes Operations Excellence audits and conducts post-analysis action plans.
- Liaises with Human Resources to facilitate employee relations, including but not limited to, recruitment and selection, performance appraisal, promotions, transfers, work / vacation schedules and to resolve employee performance issues.
- Develops/ executes promotions, other sales/ marketing events in coordination with the marketing team.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures of the Company.
- Manages, coordinates and evaluates the performance of the location management team.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in related field from an accredited College or University.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to manage contractual agreements.
- Proven action-orientation and sense of urgency.
- Ability to develop and implement creative sales generation plans, programs and initiatives.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Demonstrated leadership, employee development and performance management skills
- Skill in budget forecasting, forecasting, preparation and fiscal management
Job Type: Full-time