We seek a dynamic, engaging Senior Kindergarten teacher who has excellent skills in communication and building positive relationships with students and parents. This individual has a sound understanding of teaching practices in kindergarten education. This individual has experience working in a Reggio Emilia inspired classroom. We seek an individual who will work as a strong primary team member, contributing to the Hudson community, through academics and extracurricular activities.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of threeyears' experience teaching at the Kindergarten level;
- Proven OCT certification in Primary/Junior, with experience and/or qualification in Reggio Emilia teaching practices;
- Proven ability to teach mathematics and literacy to kindergarten students;
- Competence in using and teaching applications software, in particular, the G-Suite of products (e.g. Google Docs), and internet browsers (e.g. Chrome);
- Competence in using Seesaw, or similar technology app to document student learning;
- Excellent relationship building and relational teaching skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to educational excellence, and mentoring of primary aged students;
- Excellent classroom management skills;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the extra-curricular programs such as drama, arts or coaching;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or under the direction of a mentor teacher;
- Ability to accept constructive feedback;
- A strong desire to engage in the School's positive and progressive culture.
- Have a clear police reference with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Carry out the professional duties of a kindergarten teacher in accordance with the school's policies under the direction of the Principal and Vice Principal of the Lower School;
- Assist with the implementation of long-range plans and unit plans that adhere to or exceed Ontario's kindergarten curriculums using a Reggio Emilia inspired pedagogy that includes documentation of student progress and learning experiences;
- Accurately and effectively assessing students;
- Write accurate and detailed report cards;
- Communicate in a professional manner to members of the Hudson community, including staff, students and parents;
- Employ innovation and meaningful learning technology in teaching the units of study (particularly Google Docs);
- Use Seesaw, a digital portfolio app that enables teachers to document student learning for parents;
- Effectively use classroom management practices to establish a positive and engaging teaching and learning environment, acting as a mentor to all students by building positive relationships;
- Participate in co-curricular activities each term;
- Attend meetings, take responsibility for professional development opportunities and participate in open house initiatives;
We thank all applicants for applying, but will only contact those selected for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- Kindergarten teaching: 3 years (Required)
- Master's Degree (Preferred)