Provides financial, administrative and clerical support by ensuring renovation and rehab payments are completed and expenses are tracked in the appropriate cost categories.
- Handle and process all aspects of construction payables, including coding, processing awarded contracts, and maintenance of the job cost chart of accounts.
- Manage and create jobs, contracts as well as change orders in the Yardi construction module.
- Process contractor's payment applications for weekly billings
- Monthly review of job cost activity ensuring consistent and proper coding.
- Ensure monthly fixed payments, insurances, and other financial related documents are current
- Collecting appropriate lien waivers for release of payments
- Recording and tracking lien notices
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Yardi Voyager (Single Family Homes and Job Cost/Construction Modules are a plus)
- 1-2 years of construction job cost accounting experience
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Proficiency in MS Office, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
- Some college a plus, 1-3 years accounts payable experience required.
- This job operates in a professional office environment
- This role requires minimal to no travel
Desired Organizational Competencies:
- Accountability - Demonstrates a commitment to and responsibility for accomplishing individual, team and business objectives
- Drive - Consistently achieves challenging goals/objectives, and demonstrates an ability to create value and maximize results, often under pressure
- Planning - Identifies business needs, problems and risks proactively, and develops well founded plans that specify strategies, actions/solutions, risk mitigants, and desired results
- Critical Thinking / Judgment - Commits to an action after developing alternative solutions that are based on logical assumptions and factual information and that take into consideration resources risks and organizational values
- Adaptability - Exhibits the capacity to successfully change and evolve one’s actions, opinions and behavior as a result of changing priorities or environment
- Communication Skills - Proactively communicates in the appropriate medium with clarity and focus at the right level to ensure delivery has the appropriate impact
- Team Work - Fosters collaboration among team members and business partners, and uses capabilities to achieve team goals
Hudson Homes Management, LLC is the employer for this position. Terms of employment will be consistent with other current employees of Hudson Homes Management, LLC.
Hudson Homes Management, LLC is a fully owned subsidiary of Hudson Americas L.P. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, Hudson Americas L.P. and Hudson Advisors L.P. are not (and will not be) the employer for this opportunity.