Hudbay Minerals Inc. is seeking a Senior Mine Engineer at our Lalor mine in Snow Lake MB.
The individual would be responsible to provide a full suite of Underground Mining Engineering Services in a safe and responsible manner. Working together with, the safety, operations, and technical staff, the Senior Mine Engineer will provide leadership and guidance ensuring optimal extraction of a complex mineral deposit.
The atmosphere is fast paced, dynamic and is built on trust. Leadership is focused on the individual, providing mentoring and coaching to facilitate employees reaching their full potential.
At Hudbay, we offer a competitive salary, and benefits package, including pension, retiree benefits and employee share purchase plan. There is a camp available while on shift however relocation packages and housing assistance is available should you wish to move you and your family to the vibrant community of Snow Lake.
- Ensuring that all operations comply with Health and Safety requirements.
- Responsible for short range mine development planning. This involves designing daily and monthly extraction plans that are safe and efficient. Enhancing mineability through innovative designs and minimizing dilution. Determining risks to the plan and establishing appropriate mitigations. Liaising with geology to evaluate and planning the most cost effective mining of various ore zones.
- Responsible for blast hole engineering which involves designing long hole blasts and stope drill layouts.Reviews cavity monitoring surveys of blasted long hole stopes and performs statistical analyses on the data. Provides recommendations and design changes as needed.
- Assist the Chief Mine Engineer with supervising, coaching and mentoring EIT's
- Travel underground and conduct crew meetings to create viable plans.
- Other duties as required.
Professional Experience / Qualifications:
- University Degree in Mining or Geological Engineering