Hudbay Minerals Inc. is seeking for a senior ground control engineer at our Lalor Mine in Snow Lake MB. This position will have the options of on a 14/14 FI/FO rotation or a 5/2 living in the vibrant community with your family.
The individual will report to the Principal Ground Control Engineer and would be responsible for the mine operational ground control to work together with Lalor technical and operational teams to evaluate ground stability problems, assess risks and provides analysis and ground control recommendations for mining ground safety.
At Hudbay, the atmosphere is fast paced, dynamic and is built on trust. Leadership is focused on individuals, providing mentoring and coaching to facilitate employees reaching their full potential. We offer a competitive salary, and benefits package, including pension, retiree benefits and employee share purchase plan. There is a camp available while on shift however relocation packages and housing assistance is available to move you and your family to the vibrant community of Snow Lake if you wish.
- Work safely at all times
- Ensure that all operations comply with Health and Safety requirements.
- Responsible for regular and on demands inspections of the work sites. Make ground support and planning recommendations and solve ground issues
- Keep tracking and log all the ground support, ground control events and log all the site inspections
- Site/situation specific ground support design/planning
- Work with the Chief Mine Engineer to review, make recommendations, and approve engineering mine plans on ground control aspects
- Conduct 2D and 3D numerical modeling to aid ground control understanding and help ground control decision making
- Communicate to operations, engineering and geology regularly and as require to obtain most updated status of mining activities and ground conditions and geology information such as rock mass quality and geo-structures
- Constantly monitor the mining ground safety and promote solve ground issues and communicate to the team
- Monitor the effectiveness of the “support policy” and propose changes as required.
- Constant monitor and improve the effectiveness of ground support system
- Promptly communicate to the Principal Ground Control Engineer (PGCE) on ground control problems, solutions and assist the PGCE with supervising, coaching and mentoring EIT”s
- Other duties as required.
Professional Experience / Qualifications:
- Bachelor of mining engineering (Required)
- Postgraduate degree in rock mechanics/geomechanics/geological engineering (Preferred)
- Registered professional engineer status
- 10 + years mining/ground control experience
- Knowledge and experience of rock mechanics 2D & 3D numerical modeling software (e.g. Map3D, Examine 3D and other Rocscience numerical modeling software)
- Knowledge of Mines Act
- First Aid/CPR