Performs a variety of support duties related to electronic payment processing in accordance with HUD Federal Credit Union policies and procedures and in compliance with all Federal, State, NCUA and other agency rules and regulations. Performs accurate and timely processes and reconciliations related to ACH, share drafts, ATMs and wires. Ensures the integrity of accounting entries (including general ledger, prepaids, accounts payable) by timely recording, verifying and documenting transactions. Assists with annual audits and exams, as appropriate. Responds in a positive helpful manner to internal and external questions or requests.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes daily ACH exceptions in compliance with all regulatory guidelines.
- Processes returned checks and balances daily teller deposited items and cash letter.
- Maintains the accounts payable process, including employee and volunteer reimbursements. Pays all approved expenses promptly and maintains well-organized files of paid invoices. Ensures that invoices are coded to the correct general ledger accounts. Assists in research and analysis of accounts payable and related expense variances. Resolves discrepancies.
- Prepares and records daily asset, liability, income and expense entries.
- Performs entries to reconcile general ledger to outsourced loan processors.
- Performs all investment accounting entries.
- Administers IRA distributions and related regulatory reporting. Prepares and files federal and local IRA withholding tax.
- Reports sales of loan protection products, such as credit life and credit disability, to CUNA Mutual.
- Assists with annual dormant account and escheatment processes.
- Conducts timely monthly reconciliations of bank and corporate credit union accounts to ensure accurate reporting and general ledger maintenance.
- Performs other settlements including credit card processing.
- Completes and files personal property tax reports.
- Maintains vendor management process and database.
- Provides technical general ledger support to all colleagues within the credit union.
- Helps with external audit and regulatory exams. Assists with requested data collection.
- Suggests opportunities to improve efficiency and reduce spending.
- Assists with special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of ACH processing and Regulation E.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and accounting standards within the credit union industry.
- Strong analytical, detail-oriented, organization and time management skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Office Suite, including Word and Excel, email software and use of the Internet.
- Can perform basic arithmetic and algebraic calculations.
- Ability to operate general office equipment.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Minimum Education, Experience and Training:
- Four-year degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field from an accredited college or university or applicable work experience.
- One to three years of in-house ACH processing experience (strongly desired) and Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) certification (preferred).
- Three years of financial institution accounting and reporting experience.
Salary: Up to $52,000/year
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $52,000.00 /year
- Financial Institutions: 3 years (Preferred)
- Excel: 2 years (Preferred)
- ACH: 2 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous