We are changing the way accountants and bookkeepers work. Our platform utilizes cloud computing and machine learning to automate financial document collection and processing - helping customers save time, scale their practice and build deeper relationships with the small businesses they serve.
Hubdoc was recognized as one of Canada's top 20 most innovative tech companies by the Canadian Innovation Exchange and a Rising Startup by Techweek 100 in 2017. We are Intuit and Xero strategic app partners, and we are proud to boast 5 star ratings on the Intuit Quickbooks and Xero app stores. In August 2018, Hubdoc was acquired by Xero, which has enabled the company to move forward into an exciting new chapter.
At Hubdoc, we believe great people build great products and even greater companies. We want to share our days with smart, passionate people who dream big and execute. We like taking risks, changing the game, and learning in everything we do.
Our developers work on shaping and evolving a product that manages millions of documents per month. We are looking for passionate full-stack developers to join our expanding team and add real value to the business. You will work in small scrum teams collaborating with colleagues and stakeholders to deliver exceptional software to our users.
We have a diverse tech stack, foster a culture of experimentation, and encourage discussion and collaboration.
Some of the key responsibilities and projects within this role are:
- Scalability is essential for our success and you'll be working on Node.js services built on top of AWS infrastructure engineered to provide self-healing, auto-scaling, redundancy, audit and logging.
- Our application front-end is built with Backbone.js. We're moving to a modern front-end framework and currently evaluating React, Angular, and Vue. You will have an opportunity to work with a senior front-end architect to help build a new application from the ground up.
- Part of delivering robust and scalable services involves thinking about how to deploy and monitor them. You will help create service health metrics, infrastructure code and provisioning tools
- As a product and customer focused company, you will work closely with team members in other functions, including sales, support and marketing
You are the ideal candidate if you...
- Have a minimum of 3 years work experience working on scalable web applications
- Have any experience working with front-end frameworks or Node.js that would be a real bonus!
- Possess sound knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- You understand things like indexing, replication, and views; we use PostgreSQL, but experience with MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, are all sufficient
- Have experience with modern version control and ticketing systems; we use Git and Jira
If you join us, you will have...
- The opportunity to work on exciting projects that will help to advance the accounting technology ecosystem and power the small business economy
- Personal and professional growth - our team is quickly expanding to match the fast pace of our company's growth
- An outstanding work environment that is passionate about getting stuff done, collaboration, learning and having fun
- A competitive salary + equity
- Benefits, including spend accounts to put toward whatever makes you healthier!
At Hubdoc, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.