Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Responsible for the sales growth and profitability in his/her territory. Position is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with key end user organizations, specifying entities, distributors and representative organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Grow and manage your territory to ensure effective, efficient and economical use of available time and company assets to achieve sales objectives.
- Seek and qualify sales leads, determine routes for action, and follow up to close the sale.
- Conduct sales calls on distributors and all potential water market users/consumers of above ground and underground enclosures. Identify adjacent product lines that customers need from Hubbell.
- Build rapport and strong relationships with distribution, end-users and specifying influencers.
- Train distributor personnel to sell and promote Hubbell products; manage distributor inventory/investments to ensure maintenance of proper inventories to service your territory and maximize the “Return on Investment”.
- Maintain accurate sales forecast reports and account records.
- Conduct formal sales and training presentations to various groups, distributors and end-users. Communicate to various types of end-users in a variety of ways (e.g. letter, telephone, person to person or group meetings, trade shows and business oriented social functions, etc.).
- Communicate through Customer Service and HLC staff to resolve any customer issues, claims, and support opportunities.
- Gather and share customer feedback regarding new products, product modifications, literature, and sales tools.
- Serve as a customer information center for literature requests, catalog requests, technical detail, drawings and cross-reference information.
- Participate in the development and implementation of advertising and promotional programs as required. Assist in generating promotional ideas for use in advertising. Submit materials for case histories and field experiences that illustrate unique applications in the territory.
- Obtain and provide management with specific account information necessary to develop and manage inventory levels. Communicate changes in customer purchasing practices that require adjustments to product stocking levels at plants.
Personal Selling & Specification Development:
- Develop and maintain personal relationships with individuals specifying products, end-users, contractors and distributor accounts and potential accounts that represent 80% of the sales potential for assigned product portfolio within the region.
- Participate in local, regional and national trade shows and trade organizations that provide opportunities to influence specification. Identify future construction jobs, develop key relationships and show support for distribution.
- Continually identify and develop new opportunities for the use and sales of all assigned products.
- Develop and maintain a key account book or database that includes up-to-date specifications, key contact names, addresses, phone numbers and listing of current on-going projects and information regarding up-coming projects or maintenance programs that could utilize all assigned products.
- Research, develop, and submit management reports as required.
- Participate in the planning process as required.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Travel required, 60% or more. Territory includes: Southern California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah
- Candidate can reside in Las Vegas, NV or Los Angeles, CA
- Excellent communication skills; specifically, oral, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization. Maintain a professional and customer-focused relationship with outside contacts.
- Must be results driven and detail oriented.
Skills and Experience
- BS/BA in Marketing, Engineering or Business.
- Minimum 5-7 years of sales experience with a successful selling record.
- Water industry experience preferred. Experience in AMR/AMI products, waterworks, irrigation, distribution, or backflow products is a plus.
- Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) experience required.
- SAP experience preferred, but not required.