Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Lighting (HLI) is committed to elevating the lighting experience. Empowered by lighting solutions that integrate seamlessly into their environment, save energy, provide improved quality of light, deliver return on investment and armed with Hubbell’s unflinching support, its customers are able to think differently about how, where, and when they can use light. As one of the largest lighting fixture manufacturers in North America, it features a suite of brands that provide a full range of indoor and outdoor lighting products serving the commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential markets.
Remote Position - Home Office
The HLI Brand Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for the tactical implementation of the Hubbell Lighting sales strategy within their territory to consistently and profitably grow Hubbell Lighting sales each year. Each of the RSMs manages a group of approximately 10-15 sales agents in the execution of this strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as facilitator between the HLI Brands, the manufacturer’s representatives, contractors, specifiers, wholesalers, and/or other accounts to ensure optimization of sales, marketing, and specification efforts within the Region.
- Responsibility for coordination within the assigned region for sales programs and ensuring successful planning at the representative, specification, and distributor level.
- Responsibility for providing as needed technical services / sales or presentations for all facets of HLI sales.
- Product services or post-delivery application, whether independently, with the manufacturer’s representative, or other parties as needed.
- Achieving or exceeding sales budgets assigned individually by the brands, and/or collectively by the company for both sales within the Region or other measures as needed to complete the project.
- Implementing all marketing or other programs and new product introductions as required within the time frame allowed.
- Completing monthly reports and special assignments on or before due dates.
- Maintain satisfactory call frequencies with all major customer responsibilities within the region.
- Becoming knowledgeable in the products and systems represented in order to act as a resource for agencies in training and making joint calls with sales representatives and in helping close orders and/or specifications.
- Work in conjunction with other HLI personnel as necessary to secure orders.
- Regional resource for training on the appropriate products or services with personnel as necessary.
Skills and Experience
- BS/BA in Sales, Marketing, Business Administration, Engineering, Construction Management, or other Industrial or Engineering Management disciplines. MBA a plus.
- Three to five years sales experience or other industry experience directly related to these markets.
- Specification sales experience preferred. Additional experience working with manufacturer’s representatives desired.
- Comprehensive knowledge of sales and strong electrical/lighting based knowledge.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Lighting application software as needed.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Previous sales presentation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter and highly motivated.
- 75-80% regional overnight travel (primarily Monday through Friday)
- Home office