Marketing and Business Development Assistant
We are seeking a candidate to join our growing team!
Exciting opportunity available for a Marketing and Business Development Assistant in our office located in Mississauga. The successful candidate will work in assisting the company's day to day marketing and business development initiatives. This includes updating marketing and website content, assisting with the maintenance and development of marketing materials, participating in social media activities, keeping them current and engaging and providing support for marketing events and other day-to-day activities within our administration team.
Are you creative, tech savvy, innovative and comfortable working on multiple projects? Are you looking for a position in which you can work as part of a team as well as independently? Do you have high initiative and enthusiasm that you want to channel into marketing and business development? Then this position could be right for you!
- Oversee social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn); Assist with social media strategy - maintain company pages, develop content, research contacts and grow online presence
- Proficient with Canva or other such tools to create social media and other content
- Oversee website content and updates for example create, edit and publish web banners, graphics and content to corporate website
- Communicate and manage required programming changes with web developers
- Review and present marketing analytics (social media, web analytics, rankings, etc.) to share with management
- Assist in the preparation of marketing collateral, including brochures, information packages, articles, letters, and hand-outs
- Assist with research and preparation of proposals, communications materials, reports and presentations
- Assist with marketing campaigns - create lists, develop content, analyze results
- Collaborate with our partners and/or vendors on marketing initiatives
- Preparation of client mailings (such as welcome emails, newsletters and e alerts) and updating mailing lists
- Design research strategies (questionnaire design, sampling plan, data integration) that addresses business needs of our clients
- Coordinate entertainment tickets and invites as directed
- Assist in the preparation and execution of office functions and events
- Assist with database updates and client relationship management system
- Assist all departments with marketing needs as required
- Stay on-top of business trends relevant to our industry and create content for social media, blogs, website, newsletters etc.
- Develop and present compelling PowerPoint/Prezi presentations and/or written summaries of research findings, analysis and recommendations
- Support and research for business development initiatives and regional business plans
- Maintain and update lead sources including managing directory listings
- Work with our Sales team to develop target market research, call lists, events and networking opportunities
- Transform research results into relevant insights and recommendations to support sales prospecting
- General administrative duties such as the preparation, processing and filing of documents, reports and correspondence, scheduling of meetings, and handling of inquiries from both internal and external sources
- Assist management with various projects, calendar management and sales initiatives
- Coordinate meetings and prepare materials for client and staff meetings - set up of technology, print materials, prepare presentations etc.
- Assist with large mail-outs to clients
- Order marketing materials and promotional items for events; ensure all office materials are organized and in stock, placing orders for items that are needed
- Back-up receptionist when necessary
Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Core Competencies
- Self-starter, Initiative
- Enthusiastic and creative contributor
- Problem solving skills
- Passion for excellence
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and demands
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Good telephone manner
- Very good English language skills - both written and verbal.
- Excellent MS Office Suite skills.
- Experience with mail merge an asset
Please apply with a resume. We are open to new graduates who have the desire to assist and support our many projects
Job Type: Full-time
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Administrative Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mississauga, ON (Preferred)