The Promotion Assistant supports the development and execution of 101.9 THE MIX and 100.3 WSHE-FM promotion efforts, reporting to the Promotion Manager. Responsibilities include representing WTMX and WSHE at onsite community and sales events; operating sound systems, cameras, and interactive games; engaging audiences and driving traffic to setup location. Promotion Assistants are expected to keep up-to-date with WTMX and WSHE promotions, including, but not limited to, station events and giveaways. Promotion Assistants contribute on an on-going basis in developing the stations' promotion and marketing efforts in a manner that will both achieve maximum audience interest and ratings, while maintaining the company's aesthetic, moral, and ethical standards.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be an experienced driver and able to drive a Chevy Traverse and a Ram ProMaster Cargo Van with a valid Illinois driver's license and good driving record. Must be able to drive the company vehicles in a safe and legal manner and be willing to sign and fully support the Hubbard Radio Chicago Vehicle Operating Agreement.
- Able to work 20 to 30 hours per week, including weeknights and early mornings. Must have open weekend availability. Ability to work hours as scheduled. Punctuality is critical.
- Ability to work independently and operate effectively in high-pressure, time-critical situations.
- Project an appropriate company image with respect to dress and demeanor, as well as maintain a positive attitude at all times.
- Possess excellent organizational skills with multi-tasking capabilities; communication skills, both written and verbal; and problem solving/critical thinking skills.
- Work in a cooperative manner, interacting effectively with all station personnel, clients, outside vendors, and listeners.
- Possess general knowledge of Marketing/Public Relations/Communications industry. Strong marketing/promotional background, as either educational focus or equivalent experience, is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and iTunes.
- Able to perform the essential functions of the job. The company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled