Fluidigm is looking for a Software Automation Tester to help us maintain and extend the test automation of our scientific software products. This is a permanent full-time position based in Markham, ON, Canada.
- Convert manual test scripts into automated test cases
- Employ a combination of manual and automated testing to design high quality test cases
- Configure and execute automated build and testing jobs in a DevOps/CI environment
- Report results of test execution to ensure defects are identified and system stability is maintained
- Work closely with both testers and developers to automate the main features and update test suite after code changes.
- Assist in the knowledge transfer of the current automation testing infrastructure to rest of team
- Develop and maintain existing scripts to support testing and development activities
- Gain advanced knowledge of mass cytometry software and hardware products over time
- 5+ years of experience in test automation
- 3+ years of experience in Agile environment
- Strong knowledge of QA automations tools for desktop applications such as Ranorex, TestComplete, WinAppDriver or a similar framework
- Experience using .NET, C#/C++
- Experience writing technical documentation describing the test plan, testing scripts and results
- Strong familiarity with using and troubleshooting Windows desktop applications
- Basic installation of computer systems and other instrument sub systems including initial setup and parameters specifications
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills
- Experience testing scientific software products, including those that interface with scientific instrumentation or hardware equipment
- Working knowledge in Biology, Chemistry or Physics
- Experience working within a medical device environment (e.g., ISO 13485, IEC 62304)
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.