: Canada-Vancouver-Fairmont Pacific Rim
We are searching for a dynamic, engaging Marketing Coordinator to help us best-in-class marketing initiatives. If you are a passionate communicator who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, enjoys collaborating on a variety of projects and loves finding new ways to reach and engage with customers, this could be the role for you. We are looking for someone with a keen eye, sharp technical skills, and a passion for collaboration. Are you ready for your #dreamjob?
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Pacific Rim – Vancouver’s definitive luxury hotel – rated the World’s Best Business Hotel by Condé Nast Traveler readers and awarded the coveted Forbes Travel Guide Five Star and AAA Five Diamond Rating. This ultramodern downtown hotel offers unobstructed mountain and harbour views, combining the best of the Pacific Rim in its architecture and décor. The hotel features three award-winning dining destinations, resort-style Willow Stream Spa, rooftop and pool sundeck, and guestrooms with lavish appointments, including a variety of the city’s most luxurious suites.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Coordinator will provide daily support and be a contributing member of an extraordinary Communications Team. Here is the impact you’ll make and what we will accomplish together:
- You are familiar with maintaining websites and will oversee the hotel (Fairmont.com, Pacific Rim Life) websites, assist with maintaining outlet websites (Botanist, The Lobby Lounge, and giovane café) and liaise with corporate office to keep online content and assets up to date
- You love benchmarking, researching competitive products, and evaluating product characteristics and emerging trends to come up with innovative ideas to help propel the brand forwards on global scale
- You have a passion for photography and videography and are happy to assist with supporting all branded content shoots
- You consider yourself a wordsmith and love to write creatively, contributing to the hotel’s editorial calendar including Pacific Rim Life blog and newspaper, website, and digital ads
- You love collaborating with teams cross-departmentally on various marketing projects, brand activations and events – this includes preparing internal documents to communicate details with operations teams
- You coordinate the distribution of email marketing campaigns for hotel, Willow Stream Spa Loyalty Program, and other business outlets, keeping track of results and trends
- You own updating of various sales and catering resources and tools to ensure consistency amongst the brand
- Your attention to detail will help support our Social Media Specialist with visiting influencer programs: reservations and personalized itinerary details, arrange VIP amenities, and co-host dinners and events when required
- You oversee the programming and communication of various guest touchpoints throughout the hotel including, but not limited to, the in-room iPads, TV channels, elevators, email signatures, confirmation and pre-arrival emails
- You assist with the maintenance of third party OTA booking systems (expedia, TripAdvisor, booking.com, etc) with imagery, descriptions, offers and promotional updates
- You have an u nderstanding of on-and-off page SEO and optimization including best practices
- You have an understanding and experience with Google Analytics – able to make data backed decisions
- You support Public Relations Specialist with internal communication efforts for initiatives and promotions with operational departments throughout the planning process
- Your passion for organization assists us in providing regular departmental status updates, circulating communications meeting notes, and maintaining the hotel’s shared drive and file management system
- You are a key member of the online reputation management committee, providing timely responses to online reviews
- Execute individual tasks of Marketing Plan and other duties as required
- Diploma or degree in Marketing/Communications
- Minimum 2 years’ previous experience in a marketing/communications role
- The communications trifecta: excellent written and verbal communication skills, highly organized and detail-oriented, and above all, a team player.
- Highly motivated self-starter capable of delivering on a diverse range of projects, often involving tight deadlines and competing priorities
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and HTML
- Experience working within WordPress websites
- Proven organizational planning and project management skills
- Digital marketing and social media experience an asset
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
: Day Job
: 20.Jan.2020, 11:59:00 PM