About Durham Signature Landscapes:
Durham Signature Landscapes is a fast growing landscaping company offering various outdoor construction services including hardscaping (interlocking, stone etc.), and carpentry (decks, fences, pergolas, etc.) projects. We pride ourselves on our strive for perfection and dedication to customer satisfaction. Our team has passion for the work we do and ensure we have fun while delivering an exceptional end product to our many customers.
We are currently looking for a full-time, experienced Carpenter to join our expanding team. You will report directly to the Owner/Operator and the expectation is that you will eventually grow into a role (Lead Carpenter) where you will lead a team from start to finish on various carpentry based projects. You ideally have previous experience building decks, fences and other outdoor carpentry projects with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Salary: $22 and up, dependent on experience
Benefits: Group benefits available after a probationary period.
• Assist in the demolition of decks, fences, pergolas etc.
• Assist in construction of various carpentry based projects including decks, fences, pergolas, gazebos, etc.
• Driving truck and trailers on occasion so experience with trailers is desired
• Compliance with company health and safety training and reporting requirements
• Required to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
• Responsible for own transportation to and from job sites
• Maintains a clean and safe work environment, including work site and equipment
• Has the ability to coordinate and supervise the activities of other members of the crew (when required)
• Can complete any necessary paperwork including timesheets, material orders etc.
• Ability to provide ongoing support and on the job training for junior crew members regarding proper construction methods (when required)
• Responsible for ensuring the proper care and maintenance of company owned/rented vehicles, tools and equipment
• Ensure compliance with the organization's policies and procedures including health & safety. Ensure compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations for Construction projects.
• Responsible for basic personal hand tools (tool belt)
• Responsible to provide own personal protective equipment (steel toe footwear, etc)
• Depending on availability of carpentry work during the growth, some assistance with our Hardscaping crew may be required (provide cross-training)
• Other duties will be assigned as required
Desired Skills and Experience
• 2+ years of carpentry experience is required, ideally previous experience building decks, fences etc.
• Ability to skillfully use hand and power woodworking tools
• Experience operating larger machinery (e.g. Bobcat) is beneficial
• Ability to read and interpret drawings for each job
• Ability to converse with customers and answer questions that may arise
• Must understand measuring tools
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs
• Strong attention to detail with precise measuring and cutting skills
• Ability to work independently or in a team and follow instructions
• Must be safety conscious
• Ability to organize and plan effectively
• Must have a G class drivers licence (minimum) with a clean drivers abstract
• Excellent team player
• Great communication skills
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Must be enthusiastic and willing to learn
• Must be punctual and personable
*This position typically runs April – November/December, with potentially year round work in near future*
If you are self-motivated and looking for an opportunity to expand your career in a dynamic, fast growing and enthusiastic environment, we would like to hear from you!
Durham Signature Landscapes is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. Hickory Dickory Decks does not discriminate against applicants based on race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, or disability, or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, provincial, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Schedule: Normal hours are Monday to Friday, 10 hour shifts with lunch. Periodically, a Saturday or a longer day during the week may be required based on project deadlines but not common.
Experience: Previous carpentry experience a must. (2+ years preferred)
Work Remotely: No