The Original Cakerie is Canada’s leading and largest privately owned frozen dessert manufacturer. Along with continued expansion and product line growth, the most important ingredient in our continued success has been our people. We employ over 750 employees and our production staff are an integral part of creating our high quality food products.
Responsibilities & Duties: This is intended to be an outline, not an exhaustive list of responsibilities
- Equipment set up and troubleshooting adjustments, to keep products within standard and the line running at or above required performance.
- Maintaining the required hygiene standards of the equipment and the facility, consistent with GMP standards and Master Sanitation Schedules.
- Work efficiently and be sure that changeovers are smooth with minimal downtime and all time accounted for.
- Provide expertise and leadership within the department:
- Support the planning and delegation of work within the department
- Liaise with appropriate staff throughout the shift to ensure continuous process and quality standards.
- Support the Team Lead in evaluating operating conditions and product quality checks
- Support line staff on day-to-day basis for general troubleshooting/problem solving/conflict resolution.
- Support in the training, motivating and developing of staff within the department
- Safe use, storage and maintenance of all company supplied cleaning equipment and materials.
- Support contract cleaning and maintenance services when necessary.
- Maintaining all Audit Paperwork and other required documentation as may be required.
- Adhere to safety, quality and performance standards.
- Must have an electrical or mechanical certificate from a recognized technical school.
- Example of certificates include but are not limited to: Automated controls installation and Maintenance, CNC Machinist Technician , Machinist foundation
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work with all chemical cleaning agents including fungicides and possible insecticides.
- Excellent attendance record, demonstrating reliability.
- Analytical and creative problem solving skills, focusing on the root causes and not the symptoms.
- Strong initiative to achieve results.
- Ability to perform some heavy lifting, climb stairs, and work with a sense of urgency.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; a team player.
- Ability to work with limited or no supervision.
- Experience using computers and HMI panels.
The successful applicant will expected to achieve:
- Proficiency in the proper set-up and maintenance of all equipment.
- Forklift & safety harness certificates.
Note: Candidates will be required to complete a skills evaluation for mechanical aptitude.
Wage rate : $26.29/hr
Please note : On the spot interviews are not happening as of now , request you to please apply online on our website and you will be contacted within 3 business days if shortlisted.