Director, National Sales
Love your job!
Are you looking for a new exciting opportunity?
DAVIDsTEA is a Canadian based company with its headquarters located in Montreal. In ten years, we've opened over 200 stores coast to coast, with plenty more to come. The sky is the limit! We're best known for our super-friendly staff, above-and-beyond customer service, and modern design and of course our huge collection of world-class, exclusive teas and related products. Our company is making tea fashionable and fun, and we pride ourselves on offering the best possible service to our customers and a positive work environment for our employees.
About the role
We are looking for a dynamic individual who will be responsible for leading the sales and business growth, performance metrics, customer service standards and team member development for Canada. We expect the individual to be a motivating leader, with strong business acumen and a creative approach to people and business development. Reporting into the COO of DAVIDsTEA, this individual will manage Regional Directors and ultimately be responsible for the success of over 180 stores.
Sounds like you? Keep reading...
- Promote and embody the company mission, vision and values, ensuring all team members in Canada are committed to making tea fun and accessible to all;
- Create and oversee the country's operations budget to meet company targets. Establish strategies & key initiatives to drive sales, and improve productivity and efficiency in the management of labour and inventory;
- Instill high levels of service and energy in stores where Tea Guides engage, guide and sell to our customers;
- Build sales strategies and community outreach initiatives based on market research and competitor analysis for Canada in order to build brand awareness and customer engagement levels;
- Recruit, motivate and develop a team of remote top talent Regional Directors & District Managers to deliver results;
- Ensure a robust pipeline of talent, at all levels of store operations, throughout the country;
- Oversee delivery and execution of core training and development plans for field;
- Provide ongoing coaching, direction and leadership to team. Demonstrate personal integrity while establishing and maintaining high standards of communications across field;
- Ensure compliance of health and safety regulations throughout Canada ensuring employees have a safe working environment;
- Achieve high rate of retention of employees by ensuring DAVIDsTEA is a fun, rewarding and engaging place to work by.
So are YOU our next Director, National Sales?
- 8-10 years of progressive experience managing in multi-unit retail or service organizations in the markets in which we operate.
- Strong business acumen with skills in financial analysis and managing profit and loss.
- Marketing or market development experience.
- Sales and service systems development and deployment.
- Strong problem-solving and decision making abilities.
- A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Think creatively and identify opportunities to challenge and deliver excellence
- Work effectively and reliably in a remote work environment
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Technical skills in strategic planning and sales planning.
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborative and works well in a team environment.
- Available to travel frequently (80% of time) to visit stores in the markets in which we operate and the Store Support Centre.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Sound good? Then join us in our mission of making the world smile-- one cup at a time.